Search results

1. Chris Taylor

Should I be worried - Anemone excreting white stuff.

I'm guessing the thing's laying eggs (or sperm?) as for the last few hours its been excreting a milky white substance which has now turned my tank cloudy. This has followed on from a water, filter and charcoal change this morning (so I have no seawater left for a massive water change). One of my...
  2. Chris Taylor

Hard Coral Plunge

Took the plunge with Hard Coral last night and bought a Brain Coral and Goniopora. Despite owning two marine tanks in the past I've previously not had the confidence in my lighting to risk venturing with this type of coral before. Any tips on ensuring their long term happiness are welcomed...
  3. Chris Taylor

Ecotech Radion's Ordered ( for RSM 250)

Got a good price on the Radion's so ordered two of them and should be collecting soon if all goes well. If anyone's interested I'll take a few pix while installing them, and post here. Might need some help posting them though as these will be the first pictures posted here. I'll be...
  4. Chris Taylor

Anyone squeezed a couple of Ecotech Radion LED's into their lid?

I'm still a little troubled by the temperature of the tank. Although I have a chiller it's a little noisy (tank's in my mancave and the tv volume ends up increasing. Mancave's also next to the bedroom so it gets a little noisy in the evening (the chiller..). I've been looking at a few higher...
  5. Chris Taylor

Stock Skimmer (RSM 250)

The skimmer moves around quite a bit in its location. Is this normal? Thanks in advance Chris
  6. Chris Taylor

RSM 250 Optimum Lighting Duration?

Apologies if this has been answered before, is there a general concensus amongst RSM250 owners as to the optimum period for which the stock ligthing should remain on? Thanks in advance Chris
  7. Chris Taylor

Chris - RSM 250

Hi I'm presently resident in Muscat, Oman as an expat. Its a 2 year posting so figured it was long enough to do another marine tank. I've had 2 marines (and heaps of freshwater) in the past and have ultimately taken a freshwater rig and modified the hell out of it to make it semi reefworthy...
  8. Chris Taylor

Hi From Muscat, Oman

Hi All Just taken delivery of a RSM 250 Max which has been cycling for 2 days. Can't wait! Chris