Should I be worried - Anemone excreting white stuff.

I'm guessing the thing's laying eggs (or sperm?) as for the last few hours its been excreting a milky white substance which has now turned my tank cloudy. This has followed on from a water, filter and charcoal change this morning (so I have no seawater left for a massive water change). One of my Percula's took a mouthfull of the milky substance in. :fishy:

Besides the obvious jibes about the percula, should I be worried enough to do a massive water change (again, today) or should I let nature (in its confined space) take its course?

I'm guessing the thing's laying eggs (or sperm?) as for the last few hours its been excreting a milky white substance which has now turned my tank cloudy. This has followed on from a water, filter and charcoal change this morning (so I have no seawater left for a massive water change). One of my Percula's took a mouthfull of the milky substance in. :fishy:

Besides the obvious jibes about the percula, should I be worried enough to do a massive water change (again, today) or should I let nature (in its confined space) take its course?

Hi,

This happened to me with a maxi mini anemone. No harm was done. I did do a water change to be safe though. Just keep an eye on it and if anything looks as though it is reacting badly then certainly do a big water change! Maybe a change of carbon wouldn't hurt too.

Got home today and the tank's crystal clear. The Skimmer's full of gunk and stinks like a public urinal. Cleaned this out and the Tank's otherwise OK.