Anyone squeezed a couple of Ecotech Radion LED's into their lid?

I'm still a little troubled by the temperature of the tank. Although I have a chiller it's a little noisy (tank's in my mancave and the tv volume ends up increasing. Mancave's also next to the bedroom so it gets a little noisy in the evening (the chiller..).

I've been looking at a few higher power LED options (>200w) including DIY, Modular LED and the Radion's. DIY would likely be difficult with the availability of goods here, Modular LED DHL freight to here's around USD350 without the cost of the lights (or the hassle of local customs and excise). The Radion's readily available in Dubai (at a price) and currently looking like the most tempting option as I'm popping up there in a week. I'm also keen on the functionality of the Radion with the PC interface and programming options.

The Radion's width is 18cm and the T5 fixture in the lid's around 16cm so I'm short 2cm space. I'm looking at getting two of them.

Has anyone squeezed these into their lid before? I'm OK hacking the lid a little if need be, just wanting to know if this is possible?

Thanks in advance

Chris

byronredsea

Ok yes they will fit BUT and THIS IS A BIG BUT they will be to low for the tank if you have a look at all the tanks that have them they are like 30+ cm of the water

reefer gladness

Ok yes they will fit BUT and THIS IS A BIG BUT they will be to low for the tank if you have a look at all the tanks that have them they are like 30+ cm of the water

+1

All the units with optics are intended to be mounted at least 12 inches above the water to give adequate spread. No optics is the way to go if you're mounting the LED's a few inches off the water like the RSM hood

oakleyx

Two people just put radions in there rsm 130. So maybe the radions will work in the 250 hood.

Micromax

you can look at my post and see how they look in my tank if ya like , i also have a 250 as well and it would 2 fit just as easy. the rec is 10 inches from the water .. why im not sure but i did a par test today at my friends reef store in my town and they are very close to a 250 mh bulb . they do drop off there par at about 2 inches sooner then the mh light that i compared it to today. now mine is running at 50 percent brightness and ill do a few tank update with pictures over the next few weeks to see the coral growth . i can say i have never had as much digitata growth this fast under any light in this tank . i did a 150 hqi mh from nano tunner along time ago and wasnt happy like i am now , mostly it was the heat issue but the growth now is like 5 times as fast as the hqi . best of luck and i hope you find what you are looking for and are as happy as i am with my light. please keep us posted

Thanks for the feedback. Ill wait a month for the comparison between the Radion and the GHL.

Thanks again, I'll be sure to post afterward.

Chris