Search results

1. B

Is there a way to keep clowns out of nem?!

Short of removing the clowns? My LTA was doing just peachy, attached, eating, good color, good "reflexes". Well my clowns discovered it and now my nem won't attach to anything. It still has good color, still eats, still expands and contracts, etc...just won't attach. If I feed my tank it...
  2. B

White squsihy sacks...almost look like cotton balls...

??? They are on the underside of most my rockwork and got quite a few of them...
  3. B

Anybody seen this before?

I have a RSM 250 with a LTA that I have had approximately 9 days. I have in the past purchased smaller anemones and my clowns have wallowed them to death essentially. So this time I purchased a larger anemone. As soon as it was put into my tank it attached to a set of rocks I have but it...
  4. B

Rsm 250 heater

Ive been doing some research and it appears the stock heaters has some problems, and I believe mine has stopped heating. Tank around 72-74 with my heater running full blast. My home is pretty much always less than 66F but this is the first year I have had the problem with temp. Just curious what...
  5. B

Fluval e series heaters

Just curious if anybody has any experience with these. I have a rsm 250 and it appears the heater has crapped out. I was looking at Rena smart heater (unsuccessfully i might add) but stumbled upon the fluval an curious I anybody could give me any insight. Also would a 300w do fine in the RSM or...
  6. B

Another Algae Question

I have a RSM 250, been set up about 3 years now. Recently (4 months or so) I have been seeing an outbreak in brown film like algae (diatoms best I can figure). I do a water change (weekly) and suck all the brown gunk out and the tank will look fine for about 2 days then covered again. i have...
  7. B

Confused Anemone

I have had a green bubble tip for about a month and a half now, during this time it has done very well, clowns hosting, and color great. About the last week or perhaps two, it has been shriveled during the day but open at night and has released from it's place on the rock where it was attached...
  8. B

Feeding Corals...

is a good idea!! My LFS told me that feeding corals is just for people who are obsessed with their tanks. I have a lobos and frogspawn that really has just maintained the year I have had them, no real growth, just kinda sat there. So I decided to do a little research and found a lot of stuff...
  9. B

RSM/Clean up Crew

Just curious what would be the best clean up crew (I know subjective) for a RSM 250 would be in your opinion. It is a reef tank with a few fish and a long spine sea urchin, and I have also read somewhere that a CUC is not recommended in a RSM for some reason. Anyways fire away, I am trying to...
  10. B

Baylorbear's RSM 250

Finally decided to post some pics of my RSM250 since Red Sea decided to honor my warranty and send me the new protein skimmer pump. I am thinking of moving the rocks around to make basically a wall so that I can have some more room for corals, but undecided on that as of this seconds. Any...
  11. B

Howdy from Texas

Been stalking the site for a while, but decided to join since Reef Sanctuary has the most active Red Sea Max 250 thread I have encountered. I am married, 24, no kids except a pug and my Red Sea Max 250. Inside my RSM I have 2 false percs, yellow tang, coral beauty angel, target mandarin, sand...