RSM/Clean up Crew

Just curious what would be the best clean up crew (I know subjective) for a RSM 250 would be in your opinion. It is a reef tank with a few fish and a long spine sea urchin, and I have also read somewhere that a CUC is not recommended in a RSM for some reason. Anyways fire away, I am trying to build my own as oppose to buying a pre-made one. Also anyone know the best place to get one? I also plan on buying a few corals and an anemone so it would be nice to buy it all at one place.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Love snails for cuc +1 ^

you will want to wait until your tank is much more mature for success with a nem - read up one thier requirements here... Anemones

no clue here... :alien:
I have also read somewhere that a CUC is not recommended in a RSM for some reason.

My tank has been set up for a 2 1/2 years so I think I'm good to go on there. I just haven't been on here that long ;)...as a member.

As far as snails what would be a good way to go? The main problem in my tank is uneaten food which leads to undesirables as you all know.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
I have about 100 snails in my RSM 250 Asterea, Trochus, Cerith, and Nerite I really like these snails as core of my clean-up crew.

Also like Cleaner Shrimp - my cuc & good tank maintenance keeps my tank near 100% algae free.

Add one to one and 1/2 snail per gallon is a good rule

On a newer tank (not yours) you can start off a new tank 1/2 this many, than add more in a couple of months or so...

I also like a few Turbo snails & Margarita & Nassariu

If you like hermits... be ready to replace them as hermits eat snails

Hope this helps :) - start a tank thread & share you tank with us, we would love to see pics !

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Cheers - I forgot you did
025.gif

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
+1 to Reef Cleaners. They are a pleasure to work with and always ship MORE than you ordered.

Hongkonger

They don't ship to Where I live. If I had them shipped to where I was in the US and then brought them on the plane with me overseas the next day would they make it? Basically how long will they last in a box.
Cheers