Baylorbear's RSM 250

Finally decided to post some pics of my RSM250 since Red Sea decided to honor my warranty and send me the new protein skimmer pump. I am thinking of moving the rocks around to make basically a wall so that I can have some more room for corals, but undecided on that as of this seconds. Any questions, comments, concerns let me know. I am not running any UV because I seem to get more algae with it than without it. I am battling some red slime at the moment which I am thinking is attributed to not running my skimmer for about 2-3 months while I fought with RS. Oh, and sorry about picture quality, took the pics with my phone on the way to work and didn't have time to get the wife's DSLR out.

2011-09-04083350.jpg

2011-09-04083402.jpg

2011-09-04083414.jpg

2011-09-04083432.jpg

2011-09-04083459.jpg

tnwillia

Glad you got things worked out with Red Sea, what a change with Pinky out of the picture there! Tanks looking great, have fun with it!

Rearranged rock and took some better pics of my specimen with a better camera. Moved the rocks due to an order I will be placing soon, as it was approved by the financier...aka wife.

IMG_5950.jpg

IMG_5966.jpg

IMG_5965.jpg

Now for my two clowns..."Marlon and Baby Nemo"
IMG_5957.jpg

IMG_5956.jpg

IMG_5968.jpg

IMG_5967.jpg

My Coral Beauty "Violet"
IMG_5955.jpg

My Target Mandarin "Lil' Man"
IMG_5953.jpg

And some of my corals...
IMG_5959.jpg

IMG_5958.jpg

And Spike...my urchin
IMG_0024.jpg

mtk

Looking good.
Glad to hear you got thing's worked out
Just curious how old is your tank and why did it take so long for red sea to get you a new pump?

My tank is about 2.5 years old, I got it when they were still fairly new but after the special order only phase. When the tank was less than a year old my impeller on the protein skimmer had to be replaced (hydor), lost magnetism or something. Then shortly after that whole pump needed to be replaced. Pinky did those two for me no problem, never asked for receipt or anything. Well about 5 months ago I started having problems with the impeller again, contacted Red Sea they had me troubleshoot it by taking it out of the water, turning it on and putting it back in and it started running correctly again. This worked for about 2 months then it stopped again and would only make a vibrating noise and not spin or make bubbles. I contacted Red Sea again and got Amanda this time who told me b/c tank was over a year old nothing she could do, except SELL me a new pump. I basically said pound sound to that idea and we went around and around about it by e-mail. Finally she stopped responding so I called her and she informed me they had so many problems with the hydor pumps they changed to sicce, which prompted my question, if you have 2 documented problems with my pump, and that pump in general why are you not replacing mine. I finally got forwarded to the voicemail of the chief operating officer which prompted a quick return call from Amanda with an offer of a replacement pump but I had to pay shipping which I was fine with. Finally about 3 days later had a new sicce pump. No problems yet, and my tank is looking a lot better after about 5-6 months of non-proper skimming. Still happy with my tank, but I sure do miss Pinky.

Hey all,
I am trying to put together an order from bluezooaquatics.com (unless y'all have any better place, liveaquaria is kinda pricey) and looking for any suggestions on what to add to my tank, so I can make the shipping worth it. Not looking to go overboard but I have a bubble anemone (green), and a duncan or whisker coral, and a clean up crew since mine seems to have disappeared. Looking for maybe once more fish to complete my fish collection, a maybe a few smaller coral I can watch grow.