Search results

1. B

Plate Coral

That's what happen today. I dog must of hit the light timer while i was at work. By the time i got home the lights must have been off for hours and the damn thing was HUGE. No tentacle tho..... In fact there wasn't even any numbs or anything. When it shrinks back down it really shrinks, like...
  2. B

Plate Coral

I got a nice green and orange long tentacle plate coral a few weeks ago. It was shipped to me about 3 weeks ago. Since I've gotten it it has yet to open its tentacles. It deflates all the way down when the lights are on and every night when the lights go out it blows back up. It has eaten twice...
  3. B

Zoas,Sps,LPS For Sale

What do you have left?
  4. B

Reef store near Sidney Ny?

I'm from the same are and ABC is by far the best reef shop in the area. There is also Fairmount aquariums, Syracuse aquariums, Petland, and Acks exotics. I either get my stuff from ABC or from FLLRonline dot com. Josh will deliver your orders right to your house and his prices are amazing.
  5. B

6 gallon nano with 2.5 gallon sump/refug

That's what i was thinking. I mean i know its not gonna do much at all but hey every little bit counts in my book. Plus I don't think I've ever seen a 6 gallon nano with sump, refug, and protein skimmer.
  6. B

I was also thinking about adding a Koralia Nano. Im gonna have to wait and see what the return pump does after trimming it and after i add LR. If its not enough movement I'll have to get one.
  7. B

don't know what to stock it with just yet. Ive always wanted a pom pom crab but not sure right now. I guess it really depends on the lighting i put in it. I also have a tiny fission protein skimmer laying around so i might just add that in the sump for kicks and giggles.
  8. B

I'm cutting the line as we speak i just hooked it up to make sure it was working and was in the right place before i trimmed it. I also have about 6 more links to the lock-line. Wasn't sure how long i wanted it but didn't want it to long so i just added a few to check it out. I just finish...
  9. B

Looking for a great protein skimmer......

well I took everyone's advice and just win a AquaC Remora pro on Ebay. I can't wait to get it in and set it up. :)
  10. B

Ive been looking into all of these and I think I've come up with one i really like. I'm looking at the Reef Octopus BH 300 Dual Hang on Back Protein. I was hoping someone on here has one and can tell me what they think. I only have a 20 gallon long right now but planning on upgrading in the near...
  11. B

Yes it the eclipse 6 and you are right about being really flimsy. In that pic it was only a test to make sure the bulkheads did not leak. i have to take the rim off so i can put the bulk heads in high enough. I'm cutting holes on the rim so i can put it back on. The light on the hook blow out so...
  12. B

Thank you... I'm not sure what to put in it other some some zoa's. I gotta figure out what type of lighting to use. Anyone have any Idea's as far as lighting goes?
  13. B

I just started this today. I had these 2 tanks and stuff just laying around and figured i would give it a shot. I drilled the tank and plumb it today. filled it to check for leaks. Let me know on your guys thoughts. Not sure whats gonna go in it just yet as i don't have any lighting for it and...
  14. B

I just started this today. I had these 2 tanks and stuff just laying around and figured i would give it a shot. I drilled the tank and plumb it today. filled it to check for leaks. Let me know on your guys thoughts. Not sure whats gonna go in it just yet as i don't have any lighting for it and...
  15. B

HOB refugiums?

I was just thinking about using it as a HOB tank to hold and breed pods.
  16. B

HOB refugiums?

Anyone?
  17. B

HOB refugiums?

I was looking on eBay and found these. They look really cool and looks like it would work great for growing pods. I have a 20 gallon long and have a mod AC50 as a refugium right now. I'm thinking about getting this and using it instead of the AC50. Whats your guys thoughts on these units...
  18. B

RO/DI units

Its time I upgrade my RO unit to something better. I have the coral life RO unit 24 gpd. I want to get an RO/DI unit that does about 75gpd. Ive been looking at the filterguys but was wondering what you guys use.
  19. B

Fission Nano Protein Skimmer
  20. B

I made the mistake of buying a crappy skimmer and I'm tired of wasting money. I have a 20 gallon long reef tank and I'm looking for everyone's opinion on the best skimmer for my tank. I'm not looking to spend $500 but I do want to get a great skimmer.