6 gallon nano with 2.5 gallon sump/refug

I just started this today. I had these 2 tanks and stuff just laying around and figured i would give it a shot. I drilled the tank and plumb it today. filled it to check for leaks. Let me know on your guys thoughts. Not sure whats gonna go in it just yet as i don't have any lighting for it and don't know how i wanna go about that just yet. let me know your guys thoughts

Pics
100_2481.jpg

100_2480.jpg

100_2479-1.jpg

Movie

Kovu

nice little build this would be cool if you could put it in a cabnit or something, then it would look very professional.

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
Looks nice! Is that a eclipse 6? If so I would be a little leary of having the rim off that tank.

I have tried it with the one I have and it's pretty flimsy.

Yes it the eclipse 6 and you are right about being really flimsy. In that pic it was only a test to make sure the bulkheads did not leak. i have to take the rim off so i can put the bulk heads in high enough. I'm cutting holes on the rim so i can put it back on. The light on the hook blow out so i had to take it off. Now I'm looking for a lighting source. I'm also in need to a powerhead. I'm thinking a koralia nano but don't know if its gonna be to much or not for that little 6 gallon.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I'd streamline the "hose" as stated and I'd add an additional section to the output so that it's UNDER the water line at least a small amount.

Looks VERY cool! Good work :)

I'm cutting the line as we speak i just hooked it up to make sure it was working and was in the right place before i trimmed it. I also have about 6 more links to the lock-line. Wasn't sure how long i wanted it but didn't want it to long so i just added a few to check it out. I just finish painting the back black so when i look at the tank i don't see the sump in the back ground. I'm still trying to figure out a lighting method.

1Reefer

im doindpg a similar little build and a have two Koralia Nanos in my 6 gallon along with the return from my filter....I really like the fuge' attached and available. Mine has no sump or fuge' for now... its going to be a mixed reef Mantis Nano..

Do you have plans for stocking yet?

1Reefer

I only run one of the Koralia Nanos most of the time but there isn't any rock yet... I think it will be ok once there is some rock to disrupt the flow...

don't know what to stock it with just yet. Ive always wanted a pom pom crab but not sure right now. I guess it really depends on the lighting i put in it. I also have a tiny fission protein skimmer laying around so i might just add that in the sump for kicks and giggles.

I was also thinking about adding a Koralia Nano. Im gonna have to wait and see what the return pump does after trimming it and after i add LR. If its not enough movement I'll have to get one.

That's what i was thinking. I mean i know its not gonna do much at all but hey every little bit counts in my book. Plus I don't think I've ever seen a 6 gallon nano with sump, refug, and protein skimmer.

1Reefer

I'm with you, I wanted a fuge on my Nano but it wasn't an option right now, those Koralia Nano pumps push the right amount of water for small tanks but the "adjuster" for angle isn't as nice as the full sized ones, seems they changed it on these small Nano pumps to help with the smaller low profile size. Its not THAT bad but it is fairly easy to bump one and make change direction....