Search results

1. C

New thing growing out of my live rock

I have a couple pieces of live rock that are about 8 months old. There are small (3/4 inches) red sticks about the size of a pencil lead or smaller growing out of them. These sticks have a white spot on the end (mouth?) and I think they ooze a spider web looking string out of the end. Sorry...
  2. C

Algae Question

My tank is about 6-7 months old and I have green algae growing all over the glass on the back of the tank. It's not growing on any live rock just on the glass. I am wondering if there is any real harm in letting it grow. It grows so much that chunks of it come off sometimes and float around...
  3. C

6-Legged Star Fish?

Just wondering if anyone has seen a 6 legged star fish. He came off of my live rock that is about 6 months old in my aquarium. Does anyone know if he is the kind that eats coral? It's about 1/2 inch in diameter.
  4. C

Snail bothering my corals

I just found a couple of these hitchhikers around my corals. The corals are all closed up and not happy. I've removed them but the corals are still closed up after a few hours. Does anyone have experience with these things? Haven't seen them on the forums before. I'm sure they came with my...
  5. C

Chromis tail probems

I started out with 6 Chromis. They get a bruise like area just ahead of their tail overnight. I am wondering if it is my peppermint shrimp, emerald crabs, or some kind of tail rotting disease. The fish are active, eating well and show no signs of problems until the area gets worse. I had...
  6. C

Chromis getting sick

I just got 6 chromis for my 75 gallon tank. One died last night and became shrimp food and now another is swimming head up tail down. Is this an indication of something specific? The water he came in was really close to the water in my aquarium except he was a little cold. I took about 5...
  7. C

Hermit Crabs

This really isn't as important of a question as some. It has nothing to do with some dreaded aquarium disease or how to replicate a perfect Australian reef including sharks in a one gallon pickle jar, but anyway, here goes. We have some college kids that hit our mall selling Hermit Crabs for...
  8. C

Epoxy

Greetings. Wishing everyone a fantastic New Year. My first question: Has anyone successfully used just plain stick or liquid epoxy, like you can get at walmart to glue live rock together? Just looking to save a few bucks over the "marine" epoxy. I'm worrying that it may have some toxicity to...