Search results

1. Uslanja

Live rock, substrate, corals, fish, and evrythng else alive must go and go quickly

All my tank contents are up for grabs. Grab your pails, grab your reefing buddies and come get it. I am keeping the equipment but everything alive must go and go fast!! All my tanks are coming down. Contact by pm through here and I'll get back to you ASAP. Just want to re-home my...
  2. Uslanja

Really, really bad joke? Your turn

I have been accused by some people on more than one occasion of having a pathetic sense of humour. Now I do not for one minute pretend to understand what those folks are talking about. I think my humour is just fine, so I thought I would share my all time favourite joke with everyone here and...
  3. Uslanja

The 20

One day earlier this week we had gotten home from work much sooner than normal and so we headed across the border to grab a couple of burritos and pick up a bubble coral that Joe and Annette at Salt Water Paradise had ordered in for us. While we were looking at corals I turn around only too...
  4. Uslanja

Is this coral spawning??

Our Nano tank has been doing real good and we have an explosion of Clavularia that is proving to be tough to get under control. Last week Tracy noticed that the Clavularia was covered in little white balls and we thought that maybe it was finally going to die off but then the balls were...
  5. Uslanja

Random photos.

We love taking pictures and of course having a marine aquarium in the living room means we're pretty much shoving each other out of the way so we can get in there and take another photograph! So far I can still win the tussle but Tracy is younger than myself and I'm not sure how much longer...
  6. Uslanja

I want to eradicate this invasive coral species - HELP!!!

We have an invasion of Purple Clove Polyps in THE 23, our nano tank. We understand that this coral is of the Clavularia species. It has very quickly spread throughout our tank and is causing several of our desirable corals to suffer. These things are growing on every rock, matting and...
  7. Uslanja

Help!! I'm dumb as a stump!!

Well, the sump is running, but the photos still need to be uploaded. Now I'm wondering how do I "dial in" our skimmer? We have installed a Reef Octopus NW110 skimmer. It produces the loveliest white foam anyone has ever had the opportunity to enjoy. But..........????? If we adjust the...
  8. Uslanja

Need an idea for some type of overflow screen.

Hi everyone! We are installing a sump on our 23 gallon nano but we have one concern. In the nano we have a Honshu Pipefish and he is all over the tank from the substrate to the surface and not shy at all. But the last thing we want to have happen is for this guy to slide on down into the sump...
  9. Uslanja

Can I do to much water change?

Hi everyone! We have low alk and calcium. We started to do 25% water changes. Is there a potential for us to do water changes to close together or to high of a volume and have some type of negative effect? We use Reef Crystals. Parameters Temp. 75.3 Salinity 35 Spec. Grav. 1.026 Ammonia 0...
  10. Uslanja

Chalice Help needed!!

Good Day! We purchased our first "chalice" 11 days ago, so we are very inexperienced with keeping this type of coral. The first day home the coral showed skeletal structure around the eyes and the overlying tissue was a white in colour. (Photo taken under actinic lighting) A few...
  11. Uslanja

I'm in trouble!!

I've been surfing the RS site all day long! I was supposed to get the tanks cleaned and water changed before the boss gets home today. So I just got an email asking how its going and where are we are going for dinner. Yikes!!!!! I need to get cracking!
  12. Uslanja

Tracking software?

Hi All! we are looking to use an Aquarium Maintenance / Tracking program. In lieu of creating one (I'd rather surf RS than work) does anyone know of or have experience with a good Reef Aquarium Maintenance program? Flipping back and forth through our log book isn't as high tech as we would...
  13. Uslanja

ReefKeeper- MyReef 2.0 firmware upload?

Good Day! I must be the dumbest person to ever turn on a PC. This is my third day on the Digital Aquatics website looking for the myReef 2.0 firmware update and manual. I have followed so many links on their site, their forum and on many other marine aquarium sites that my frustration level...
  14. Uslanja

Denitrator info request.

Good day everyone! We have been researching products specifically for the purpose of removing nitrates. Let me give you just a bit of our thought process and lack of understanding about this issue. We had discovered tons of hitch hiker life on our live rock. They (the live rock) came to us...
  15. Uslanja

Did we purchase discontinued controlers?

Good Day All! We just purchased two Reef Keeper Lite L1 controllers for our two tanks. They are expected to arrive within the next few days. In the mean time we went on to the Digital Aquatics site to gain more information regarding our purchase and once there we read a DA Forum post about a...
  16. Uslanja

Butterfly Conservatory in Niagara Falls, Canada

Hi everyone! Tracy and I decided to take a little trip to Niagara Falls and visit the Butterfly Conservatory. We wanted to try out Tracy's new macro lens. The conservatory is a nice little stop if you are ever in the area. We spent about 1 1/2 hours touring the facility, enjoying the tropical...
  17. Uslanja

Wave maker in a nano advice!

Good evening! We have a 23 gallon long nano with overall dimensions of 36" X 12" X 12". The estimated flow in the tank is 1080 GPH. So our turn over rate is in the area of 46 X. We are satisfied with this rate and all seems well. We are utilizing an AC110 that has been modified as a fuge and to...
  18. Uslanja

Another dumb skimmer thread!!

Good day all! We are in the process of deciding on a protein skimmer for our 37 gallon display with a 10 gallon refugium. We calculate the net gallons in this system at 35 gallons. Here is our challenge; the skimmer must be either an HOB or a self enclosed unit that can be placed on the floor...
  19. Uslanja

Photo links stopped working!

Good evening! We have just noticed that the photos that we have linked to in photobucket have stopped working. Nothing has been deleted, or moved in our photobucket account. Anyone have any idea what is happening to our photo links?
  20. Uslanja

Need your experience with skimmers and reactors!

Good Day! Here we go again with another migration and upgrade! It would be cheaper to just get satellite and watch the nature channel!! We are giving serious consideration to implementing the Zeovit System on our 37 Gallon display. We could run down the entire story on how we had gotten into...