Search results

1. L

Tell me who built this Ca Reactor

I think it's an older Octopus but the logo doesn't match their current style. Anyway I picked it up for $20 and am looking for the manufacturer in hopes of finding a manual to see what is missing (besides the pump of course) and what goes where. TIA for any help.
  2. L

MP40 Owners, Help Please

Will someone PLEASE fill in the blanks for me. I need a power supply and have an idea. So if you'd be so kind as to take a minute and give me the info off the face of your power supply. MODEL MP136 INPUT: 100V-240V ??/??Hz OUTPUT: ?? TIA
  3. L

Wanted: Power supply for MP40 ES

Title says it all. If you have a spare you will sell cheap please please pm me. Thanks
  4. L

Photos needed please

I'm writing about aquarium pests. My work is near due but I still need a good image of flat worms and Montipora eating nudibranch that I can copy and use in my article. If you have either please post to this thread with permission to copy and use it or them. Thanks in advance.
  5. L

What makes a GREAT aquascape

I'm preparing an article and need the opinions of many individuals on what they feel makes a great aquascape in marine tanks. I've posed this question on another forum and it seems to confuse the readers. So to make it clear: The type of tank doesn't matter, i.e FOWLR or reef. How you would...
  6. L

NXTGEN+ Auto WaterChange System Review

Introducing the NXTGEN+ (Next Generation) Automatic waterchange system. It's the best thing that ever happened to me! Automatically changes any percentage of water I tell it to! Feeds! Fills ATO resevoirs! It even scrapes coralline and cleans the glass!
  7. L

Brs group buy april 12-18..get on it

I'm putting together a group buy from bulkreefsupply.com. I know the date seems a long way out but really it's only 3 weeks away and I'd like to see a lot of people get the opportunity to participate. Participants get items for the "as low as price" and when the buy week ends they will...
  8. L

My 90 Build

Sorry this first post will be a bit winded...I wasn't going to do a build thread anywhere w/ this tank but decided it would be nice to have a record... Back in December my wife decided she wanted a tank in our clothing store and I was able to pick up a (very) used 90 gallon Oceanic reef ready...
  9. L

Eshopps PF Nano Overflow Review

During the months of May and June I was taken on a pretty exciting ride after contacting the design department at Eshopps. I was in need of a HOB overflow for my 10 gallon mantis tank which cannot be drilled and the DIY PVC overflow I had built was failing on a weekly basis if it weren't kept...
  10. L

O. Havanensis how I love you

My favorite inhabitant of any of my tanks by far
  11. L

2 weeks of Digi growth

Look at the growth :)
  12. L

Got it "dialed" in I think

LOL
  13. L

Dwarf's

Workin on my video skills and as you can see have a way to go. This just one of my breeding pairs. They've been courting alot the last 2 days so I imagine there'll be another batch of fry in a couple weeks. Fd_Zz4V1mrs
  14. L

Clowns Breeding in a 5 month old tank?

My pair of OC have been dancing quite a bit lately and a couple nights ago the male began fanning the sand in thier sleeping spot like a madman. Just a bit ago I noticed the female had left the area and was picking at pods but the male was guarding the area pretty aggresively. BUT alot of my CUC...
  15. L

Mud in the DT..share your experience

This is the second part of two threads. I hope it stands seperate from the other so that it will be easier for me to really take in the info I hope to get. So mods/admin...please don't merge both of my substrate threads. That being said...I am having a difficult time deciding the 'floor' of...
  16. L

Opinions on Plenums

I'm having a tough time deciding how I want to build the floor of my upcoming macro/h.fuscus tank. I understand the principal but are they helpful or a hazard? Please share your experience with using this system if you have any. Since this will only be my 2nd build your opinions and input are...
  17. L

If your considering a Coralife Digital Power Center...

If you are looking into getting a timer for your lights or other equipment and are considering the Coralife programmable power center save yourself $10-$20 bucks and pick up a GE digital 7 day programmable timer instead. It's the exact same unit @ half the cost in most cases. I bought my...
  18. L

New Additions :)

Sorry for the pic quality. I'll take better and add them to my chronicle after they all fully acclimate and open. :clink:
  19. L

20 gallon corral....need input and answers

I read/follow Doni's thread on her build because I've always wanted seahorses. After I got into the sw end of the hobby I knew I wanted either a seahorse or clown tank. Then I saw LIFE PLANET EARTH on the Dis. channel. One of the sea creatures they spent quite abit of time on was the dwarf...
  20. L

Torch Coral 'oozing' strings????

Walked by my tank and noticed my torches tentacles had bunched up at the heads, came back by and it was oozing this brown stringy stuff from both heads. Anyone have any ideas what it is?