Search results

1. Jess

Oops I did it again

Well..............another sweet deal on ANOTHER 55g. I can't help myself!!! Under $200 for all of it (delivered even!), including the stand, LR, livestock and all the equip. No clue what I'm going to do with it. Honestly I think I'm gonna take the fish (5 chromis, 1 tiger wrasse, 1 watchman...
  2. Jess

Skimmer help - NEWB

My 55g is an All-In-One, or, Uniquarium. I have a small skimmer that was once hooked up by a friend. Then I moved, and now I have no idea how to hook this thing up. Is there any way to walk me thru it this way? I know he had it placed in the same chamber as the bio-balls. That's all I know! :(
  3. Jess

HH Urchin removal help

So these two hitchhiker urchins in my 24g Nano are getting sooo big I really need to get them out of there. Only problem is, I've tried over and over and they WILL NOT budge!!! It's like they may as well be cemented to the rocks, it's crazy. Here's a pic of one of them. Any ideas on how to get...
  4. Jess

Low Tide - Malibu, CA 12/02/09

Just thought I would share some pictures from the low tide yesterday. Leo Carrillo State Beach in Southern California has some of the best tide pools around! I make it a point to go every year ;) The sea hares were EVERYWHERE! And lots of baby octopus too.
  5. Jess

Splitaroo

So my leather is splitting...my question is, what do I do when it finally splits all the way? It's getting very close (I feel like it's having a baby or something ha) and well....will it attach itself to the rock below or am I going to have to step in and help? I just turned the lights on...
  6. Jess

What the-

This thing just went whizzing by on the glass.... it's just under 2" long. And creepy. Has a brown band/stripe going all the way down it's back. It went onto the sand then into some rock. Of course the pic was taken near the only spot I cannot reach to scrape so I had to take a FTS for you...
  7. Jess

HH urchins getting WAY too big. Help!

Ok so I have two urchins that hitchhiked their way into my 24g Nano. Originally they were the size of a pea, even a little smaller. Now they are bigger than a golf ball and they're knocking stuff over constantly! They are growing quite rapidly. What's the best way to remove them and what should...
  8. Jess

My 12g....(?)..

So I had bought this 12g Eclipse tank to use as a QT. Well, it's been sitting and sitting for months with just LR and LS. I'm not sure what to do with it now. I added a few snails and crabs yesterday and finally changed the water. It has cycled, my params are good except Calcium is a little low...
  9. Jess

Sea-Lab 28...opinions?

If anyone out there has used this.... what did you think about it? Thanks! Marine Reef Aquarium Additives: SEA-LAB #28 Automatic Replenisher
  10. Jess

HH growing rapidly!

In the middle between the leather and Xenia....Are these just some type of paly? Not only are they multiplying and growing super fast, but the whole top part of that rock has what appears to be little babies... small dark button-looking things all over it. Horrible camera phone picture. Also pay...
  11. Jess

Urchin riff-raff

Just thought it would be fun for people who snapped pics of their urchins stealing things. My 55g - apparently he'd rather the tang NOT eat My 24g - zoa theif!!!
  12. Jess

Gets me every time!

6 years in and I still gasp everytime I see this: But then I see the other set of "whiskers" and am like *whew*. :smirk:
  13. Jess

First sump

Hi everyone and happy Friday! I have a 12g Eclipse tank that I set up as a....(?) a couple months ago. It has LR, LS and water, that's it. I realized that adding a third tank to the mix was a little silly, as my 24 and 55 keep me busy enough! I'm wondering if I can turn this 12 into a sump...
  14. Jess

New sprouts on LR

I'm almost 9 months in (sounds funny) and I'm noticing some new little sprouts growing on a few pieces of LR. Any ideas? Camera-phone pic sorry.. You can see them hanging down under the baby Xenias
  15. Jess

Hole in leather?

I noticed yesterday that my favorite coral, my yellow leather, has a hole in the base of it, and I can see the rock through/underneath. Like most of us, I study my tanks and livestock regularly (ok perhaps obsessively!), so I can't imagine it's been there long? Not sure... I took a pic of it, as...
  16. Jess

24g JBJ Nano

I've never posted in here, and rarely even put pics up of my 24, so thought I would share these....:heart:
  17. Jess

Majano?

Pic taken from phone so not the best but I'm sure you see what I'm talking about....smack dab in the middle above all the white dots (tube worms). It always looks the same it seems. Thanks friends!
  18. Jess

Zoa hitchhiker - ID please!

Maybe I'll never know exactly what they are, but thought I'd give it a whirl....
  19. Jess

Judge my Rics!

Ok just wanted to know how you all think my Rics are doing. I've had them for just under two months and since I have no previous experience with them......do they look like they're doing good? Do you think I should move them up closer to the light? I guess I'm wondering if they should be growing...
  20. Jess

Coco worm trouble

So I just moved, and my coco worm went from bad to worse in a matter of days. I'm not so much concerned with why it died (assuming he died), but rather is there any chance he'll come back? I noticed this ridge like, "thing", on the inner diameter of the tube, and while I thought that was just...