Urchin riff-raff

Jess

Just thought it would be fun for people who snapped pics of their urchins stealing things.

My 55g - apparently he'd rather the tang NOT eat

0912091306.jpg

0912091501.jpg

My 24g - zoa theif!!!

0912091307.jpg

I have a long-spined urchin, so it would be pretty difficult for him to hold on to items like that. it is funny to watch one of my fish run into one of the urchins spines. When he senses a fish touching one, he flails all the other ones about wildly. Funny pictures though.

johnmaloney

hahaha! that is funny! the pincushion types just love their camo. :) In the summer down here the wind blows in from the west and sends a lot of sea grape leaves into the water. You can see them all like a mile away, (summer brings clear calm water too) with these bright orange leaf balls just wandering about the hard bottom communities. Maybe a bad choice of camo, good thing they have their spikes.

StirCrayzy

Great pictures! I can't figure out how he got hold of the thermometer.

when the therm floats, it rests against the glass by a pickup tube, and its within reach.
Ive gotten sick of looking for it to get a temp reading, so now it floats in my HOB skimmer return chamber.

sambrinar

upload to photobucket... when you see the thumbnail on the album page, go to the bottom link and copy it then past over here.. waa laa