Search results

1. FallChinook

MP 40 vortech died...need parts.

Thanks for the link Anselth. I will call tomorrow.
  2. FallChinook

I was hoping to avoid this. There is only one piece that is broken. No sense in replacing the whole thing.
  3. FallChinook

Fortunatley it was only the wetside of the pump. The part that captures the orange O-ring Broke. Does anyone know where I can find replacements parts or is the only option replacing the whole wetside assembly. Thanks.
  4. FallChinook

F/S Hofer's Gurgle Buster

you still making these for $25 shipped? If so Ill take one. I have a life reef overflow. Not sure which model but I suppose dimesions will be all you need? Please contact me via email. Thanks!
  5. FallChinook

adding new sand to old

I am about to do the same. anyone else want to offer advice?
  6. FallChinook

RSM 130 with extras for sale!

Crescent City, California (20 miles south of the Oregon border on the coast).
  7. FallChinook

RSM 130 with extras for sale!

We are buying a house so I have to sell my RSM 130. Tank is less than a year old comes complete with stand, hood as well as all the pumps, heater etc that came with the tank. I added a Ten gallon refugium below the tank (in the cabinet) with a LifeReef overflow as well as a Tunze 9005 protien...
  8. FallChinook

dead fish

Thanks everyone!
  9. FallChinook

chaeto turning white

I have a bunch of chaeto in my refugium (new refugium set up several months ago) and it has been turning white. The LFS told me the lower the flow the better, but might a lack of flow be causing the chaeto to die? Any help is appreciated! Monica
  10. FallChinook

dead fish

Question for you all....I have a RSM 130 and have about 35 lbs live rock, live sand, refugium, cuc, 2 clownfish, and an assortment of corals.......but the question is this: I have a 3 inch yellow watchman goby that has died in a precarious spot under some rockwork (been hiding for 3 days, not...
  11. FallChinook

Pink Algae?

It is NOT Lyngbya, it was a species of red algae in the genus Asparagopsis in the sporophyte stage. The book Algae: A problems solvers guide by Julian Sprung is exception for algae id. Take it from me--we had NO luck with any removal measures (especially hand picking it out) except for the...
  12. FallChinook

Always adding supplements!

Could the fact that our tank is bare under our LR (about 50% of the tank) be affecting our Alkalinity??????
  13. FallChinook

Got our rock from a LFS--pretty reputable place. I forget what brand of sand we went with......no doubt the 'best' stuff (that's how we like to roll--buy the most expensive stuff), and the mud was miracle mud and was highly recommended by the reputable LFS.....what do you think is going on????
  14. FallChinook

We have about 35-40lbs of live rock and we HAD about 2 large bags of live sand, but are down to half of that now due to the addition of a pistol shrimp. He would pile the sand up in the corners and so we removed some of it. We also have a new refugium with about 1" of mud plus some chaeto in it.
  15. FallChinook

Here's another question--our alkalinity is always dropping. We did a 10 gallon water change 10 days ago, added super buffer in between because my alkalinity was low (1.5ish), and I just checked it and now it is close to O!!! We never had trouble with any levels when we first set the tank up...
  16. FallChinook

Thanks Al!!
  17. FallChinook

We used Tropic Marin for about 4 months. We were told not to go with the Tropic Marin Pro because it is for people running calcium reactors and that the regular Tropic Marin should keep our levels up. So frustrated with adding buffer, calcium, and magnesium weekly (buffer 2x/week sometimes!)...
  18. FallChinook

We have a RSM130 stocked with LR/LS, all sorts of corals (soft, LPS, SPS, etc), a few fish, some crustaceans, and of course a CUC. Anyway, we are ALWAYS adding Calcium, Buffer, and Magnesium. We do weekly 15 gallon water changes and use Oceanic salt. We've tried Tropic Marin and Instant Ocean...
  19. FallChinook

Vortech MP20 90 Gal Tank

What about the power supply? From looking at EcoTech's website I am understanding the power supply to be different as well.
  20. FallChinook

Vortech MP20 90 Gal Tank

Are you guys sure that all it takes to upgrade the MP20 to the MP40 is a controller? EcoTech's website says a controller and a new power supply. Are they One in the same?