Search results

1. jlserr

Leaving the hobby!

Thanks Jupiter :( My best wishes.
  2. jlserr

ID Acropora

I've been wondering how to identify acroporas... I don't know why personal websites sometimes have the full name (i mean name and last name :D ) of their acroporas... I see them just as acropora :( Is there a guide to identify them? These are my two frags. If someone can tell me their...
  3. jlserr

montipora digitata ¿sick?

I don't remember when i did the last test of alk :smack: I think I n eed to do it a little often. Ph is fine 7.9 when actinics turn on and 8.3 when actinics off at night. Do you have an idea what it could be? thanks
  4. jlserr

montipora digitata ¿sick?

Hi everybody... since few weeks ago i noticed my montiopora digitata started to devleope this white stuff. It's strange for me, never saw something similar. The branch is very thick and before it was thiner. At first i thought it was a sponge but the texture is really hard, as hard as the...
  5. jlserr

is this a bad lad?

Nice color to be an aiptasia :D agree... Say goodbye as soon as possible
  6. 1 year back

1 year back

42 gallons. exactly one year after the cycle end... Thank you to everyone that helped me since 2 1/2 ago
  7. 1 year front

1 year front

42 gallons. exactly one year after the cycle end... Thank you to everyone that helped me since 2 1/2 ago
  8. jlserr

EMERGENCY : How to Heat quickly

I would boil some tap water (I don't want to waste my RO water in evaporations) then I would put it in a plastic bag floating in the tank for a while.
  9. jlserr

How much light could be an excess?

Cool site scott. Thanks ;)
  10. jlserr

Righ... I'm agree, it'll depend on the specie we keep... As usual there are not simple answers in this hobby :tears: BTW I have to ask... What is the "PAR"?
  11. jlserr

Hi Scott. Thanks again. I'm agree. Acclimation is a very important point. But... Maybe acroporas are in the ocean on the top, and some maybe at the surface... But... Do you really believe that a Sarcophyton (that use to live in deeper water) would be able to acclimate to live with "a lot" of...
  12. jlserr

Thanks a lot to everyone... Karma to all of you. It seems like anyone believe there's an upper limit for the quantity of light over our tanks. Hi Pro... Is this comment a little sarcastic or do you believe it is as you said? Any article to read about? Any book? Thanks to everyone ;)
  13. jlserr

thnaks a lot Scott... Karma 2U Another opinion here? :)
  14. jlserr

Once somebody told me corals produce "something" to be protected to excess of light, and it can decrese the health of the animal. Have you ever read something about that? How to know when it's to much light to the tank? :rolleyes:
  15. jlserr

Levels of expertise at reefkeeping

It's worse. In that scale there are not intermediates :rolleyes:
  16. jlserr

substrate used in fo tanks

75% Silica 25% Live Sand
  17. jlserr

Levels of expertise at reefkeeping

If I look at the past (2.5 years ago), I would consider myself an expert but if i look forward I would say I'm a very beginner... I think I'm intermediate but the road is very very very long and the full knowledge is unreachable :)
  18. jlserr

octopuses

Wow! Great speach Cougra... Karma 2u
  19. jlserr

Sand Sifting Star Fish.

I had one but I returned it to LFS the next day (when i knew about their diet)
  20. jlserr

live rock and /or skimmer

DSB, LR and skimmer would be my advice