Search results

1. CAT

Very funny

Ya gonna read this... http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4146756343&category=63851
  2. CAT

65w daylight vs 65w actinic, do corals care?

I was very disappointed a couple of months ago when I bought some really nice colored rics and polyps that looked great at the lfs and faded (immediately) when I put them in my tank. I knew that my lighting was the problem - I have pc's on my tank, 1 65w 10,000k daylight and 1 65w actinic...
  3. CAT

Open brain spitting brown stuff

I ran into something strange today when I tried to clean up my 12 gallon nano. I have a green open brain in there and it seemed to really object to me putting my hands in the tank. Everytime I went anywhere near it (never touched it) it collapsed partway and spit out some brown, slimy stuff...
  4. CAT

Another 'dumb blonde' joke

Subject: Duh! Three women go down to Mexico one night, get drunk, and wake up in jail, only to find that they are to be executed in the morning, though none of them can remember what they did the night before. The first one, a redhead, is strapped in the electric chair, and is asked...
  5. CAT

Just bragging a little...

New additions to the crew -'course now I'm broke ;) Red Shroom Open brain Long tentacle plate Alveopora
  6. CAT

Can I keep a cucumber in my 2' tank?

I pulled out my dsb and replaced it with about 1.5 inches of aragamax. I did this because I like the look of sand and I figured that the aragamax was too dense to allow dirt to get underneath. It's working as I expected but now I see that all the dirt sits on top of the sand. Hard to syphon...
  7. CAT

Difference between 6700k and 10000k daylight bulbs?

Hi guys, I'm looking to change my bulbs. I have a coralife 2 X 65w pc hood on my tank with one 10000k daylight and one actinic. I was quite pleased with these bulbs until I bought some really nice orange ricordia and bright green polyps. In my tank, they're washed out compared to what they...
  8. CAT

Wish me luck...

Well, I'm tearing apart my little 28 gallon bowfront tomorrow. I need to re-aquascape because the corals have outgrown their alloted space- especially the cabbage coral at the front which is now pressed up against the glass. I'm an old hand at tearing this tank apart (I've moved it twice)...
  9. CAT

e-mail notification

I'm not getting e-mail notifications for posts I subscribe to. Any suggestions? I don't know if it's my end or yours...