Search results

1. nigle

Imac 2006

Oi! I wish to thank everyone that I met at IMAC 2006 this year [well last weekend] along with the venders, people that 'worked' the conference, and all those lovely "BABIES" from next door! To the speakers, I enjoyed you all, from the 18 year olds to the older ones that are 18 at heart...
  2. nigle

Masculine; Feminine; Neutral? HUH?

Oi! I have many fish identification books by Rudie H. Kuiter, one of which is BASSLETS, HAMLETS and their relatives. On Page 6 is GENUS Symphysanodon The first word is Masculine On page 85 is GENUS Tosana The first word is Feminine. On page 125 is GENUS Trachypoma The first word...
  3. nigle

I know that this is going to sound insane, but..

Oi! Well I bought 4 petsmart 'top' [angled] tanks from a PS that was redoing their tanks thinking that I will make 'sumps' for my tanks, someday, that was two years ago, HA! I eventually connected two of them together as a 'system' and noticed that the the 'system' seemed to settle...
  4. nigle

I don't want this to be a 'Salt' slamming post!!!

Oi! I have a specific question for those out there that use Crystal Sea salt. I would like this to be for them only, PLEASE lets not make this into a 'mine' against 'yours' salt discussion. I was given a free 50 gal bag to try, and I'm going to replace some water this evening. All...
  5. nigle

Cycling has 6 stages not just 3!

Oi! I have been reading "The Modern Coral Reef Aquarium" series of books and I came across an idea in the first volume [I recommend that everyone have all in this series not just volume 2] that has put into perspective something that I have seen in all the on-line reefing communities...
  6. nigle

reed-mariculture.com

Oi! I just got my order from them and it is wonderful. You should check it out and 'sea' what they have it is great: http://www.reed-mariculture.com/ Cheers! nigle !~!
  7. nigle

Hydor Roating Water Defiector

Oi! NOW IS THE TIME FOR ALL GOOD REEFERS TO WAKE UP AND BUY A PRODUCT THAT ACTUALLY WORKS! GO TO ANY SITE, F&S OR WHERE EVER ANY BUY "HYDORS WATER DEFLECTOR" ATTACHMENT FOR POWERHEADS... THEY WORK! THEY ARE CLEANABLE! THEY DON'T ADD 'HEAT' TO THE WATER! THEY FIT ANY POWERHEAD...
  8. nigle

Grim Reefer?

Oi! Does anyone here also belong to a 'community' called Grim Reefer? It's a site like this but it has to do with 'predatory' fish in captivity? I was talking with a guy at my LFS and he said he belonged to it but I did a search for it and after about 20 pages of 'cannabis' I got...
  9. nigle

It may be detritus to you but it's poop to me!

Oi! Detritus, we all have it and we are all trying to get rid of it! If all the coral books say that many if not all corals will use detritus as 'food' and if we all have detritus in our tanks, and the corals can't get to it because its in the sand, then we should get the detritus out...
  10. nigle

Well who would thunk it? Syphon the sand and the tank looks better?

Oi! Wow, I don't syphon my sand that much because it's a pain and I can't get to 70% of it anyway in my 75 and 29 lighted tanks. I took about 2 hours getting all the bristle worms out of my 1.5 gal hex tank at work, [the guys thought I was nutz sitting there picking out the worms with...
  11. nigle

What the SAM HILL is this??

Oi! I found this on the sand this evening. I haven't a clue. I will post three pix. Sorry about the quality. Cheers! nigle !~!
  12. nigle

How long do YOU mix salt?

Oi! I know that you are not suppose to mix salt and dump it into the tank at once but let it mix for a day, but how long have you allowed salt water mix bubble, 2 days, 1 week, 5 months? Cheers! nigle !~!
  13. nigle

Imac Chicago

Oi! Is anyone here going to go to IMAC in Chicago this weekend? I'm going, and I would like to meet with anyone from RS. Cheers! nigle !~!
  14. nigle

How about LESS lighting???

Oi! As you might know I'm starting 2 nano reefs without lights, but a guy from my 'nice' LFS and I were thinking about reefs where there are NO lights. I have a lot of Tubasterea [sp] and christmas coral and sponge coral and sponges, all could care less about light. The coralline algae can...
  15. nigle

New Mag on the market, CORAL

Oi! I posted my 'new' tanks on the post about how many tanks do you have? http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3758&perpage=15&pagenumber=3 There is a new mag on the market called CORAL that is the english version of KORAL that has been published in Germany for...
  16. nigle

So I was replacing the lamp in my UV Filter............

Oi! I bought a new lamp for my UV filter a few months ago and decided to replace it today since I was doing water changes; the filters; cleaning the lights etc. I hoped it was the right one since I didn't know what kind of light it was, but my 'nice' LFS said it was the correct one. I...
  17. nigle

A serious question about the Pictures found here.

Oi! My 'nice' local fish store is finally starting a web site. I have, as you know been LOVING all of the pictures that are found here, and that other place that most all of us came from. Would there be any objections from ANY of you if any of the pictures that I have downloaded from...
  18. nigle

I just bought 5 angles for @2.40!!!!!!!!

Oi! I know this is going to get put in another forum, but I thought it was a GOOD DEAL!, Ha! Cheers! nigle !~!
  19. nigle

I need someone to identify this 'THINGY'

Oi! I bought a couple of 'shaving brushes' algae's lasr weekend and these things were in it. Sorry for the pix [as usual]. They are about 2 inches long. They 'slither' like snakes. The tenticals wave and 'grope' like 'hydras'. The first pic is the best I could do to show the 'head'...
  20. nigle

One more poll

Oi! I started the other poll of mine because of the 'rash' of people that seem to have problems of late [unless there have always been posts like that and I was just not watching, HA!] The questions are going to be tricky and probably not worded very well, [my hands are cold!] so please...