Recent content by waucedah_joe

1. waucedah_joe

cyphastrea help

I have two meteor shower that seem to do well toward the bottom of my tank. I have 1 blueberry up high and it looks ok but has had very little growth. I think I'm going to try it lower too.
  2. waucedah_joe

January 2015 TOTM!

Just WOW!
  3. waucedah_joe

First coral ID help!

This was one of my first coral too. Be mindful of where you place it because they tend to spread and are nearly impossible to eradicate. Pretty sure I'll never be rid of this one.
  4. waucedah_joe

Hello from the U.P.!

Hi Jamie, Sorry, I didn't recognize the screen name. I think you'll like this sight. Lots of friendly, knowledgeable, reefers. Not as stuffy as some other big reef sites that shall remain nameless.
  5. waucedah_joe

Hello from the U.P.!

Welcome! Always good to see another reefer from God's Country. I'm over in the Iron Mountain area, Waucedah actually. Go figure.
  6. waucedah_joe

Tunze Osmolator Universal 3155 Auto Top Off

The ozmolator is probably the single best reef tank investment I've made. I've had mine for 7 years and bought it used. It is utterly rock solid, triple protection (Primary optical, high level float switch and addition timeout.) I'll open up here a bit and confess that I've been running it...
  7. waucedah_joe

August's TOTM!

Beautiful Tank.
  8. waucedah_joe

Best Nitrate reducer

A scrubber is one proven way to reduce nitrates. I wouldn't be without mine. I went over a year without a water change and was able to keep things "alive". However, i'm getting better results now that I also do water changes.
  9. waucedah_joe

Show off you Chalices!!!

Yellow eye
  10. waucedah_joe

Has anyone ever tried using an Endoscope?

Interesting question. Tagging along to see the responses.
  11. waucedah_joe

ID please

+1 on sunset monti. Here's what mine looked like when I first got it. A bit later. And recently. When it got going it really took off.
  12. waucedah_joe

UPMMAS 2013 Frag swap

Bump! Only 4 days to go.