First coral ID help!

Brookesy

So today I bought my first coral but made the school boy mistake of forgetting what it is called! Can anyone help? Also can anyone tell me what the best food is to feed the coral.

imagejpg1_zps5760d8cc.jpg

Blndbunny

They look like fuzzy green mushrooms. Once they get established they can get quite large, my clown fish loves mine, they are one of the many things she hosts in the tank

Brookesy

That makes sense since the guy in the shop said the clown fish will use it as a home. What do you feed it with?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Blndbunny

I don't specifically feed mine. I bought one and now have 11, they just catch bit of food when we feed the fish

waucedah_joe

This was one of my first coral too. Be mindful of where you place it because they tend to spread and are nearly impossible to eradicate. Pretty sure I'll never be rid of this one.

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Very pretty, hope they do well in your tank.
I've heard that mushrooms can reproduce extremely well and to the point of being a nuscience.. But NOT IN MY TANK. I have given up on having mushroom coral or ricordea in my tank. They don't like my tank.
They are the only corals I've tried that won't grow for me. So, either they will or they won't do good....just don't feel alone if they don't. :yup:

Blndbunny

Diane it's funny you say that! The only shrooms I can keep are these fuzzy ones, regular ones or rics just slowly disappear.

As others have said, this species can reproduce really quick, I found that the stung and killed any other coral they came in contact with. They now have their own private island.

DaveK

...I've heard that mushrooms can reproduce extremely well and to the point of being a nuscience.. But NOT IN MY TANK. ...

...The only shrooms I can keep are these fuzzy ones, regular ones or rics just slowly disappear...

Everyone, even people with lots of experience, seems to have an item or two that just doesn't do well for them, even though it's easy to keep to the point of becomming a weed for other people. Sometime you find out what is going wrong and can keep it, other times your better off just letting it go and keeping something else.

aaromano

Diane
you probably have too clean a system for mushrooms. In my tanks they are pretty weeds. I have a habit of overfeeding

NanaReefer

They can become quite invasive. So if you don't like a LOT of one thing in your tank, keep them separate from the rest of your rock. Like far away!! :)

Brookesy

I will keep an eye on them and try not to overfeed the tank. Hopefully I will be able to keep them under control.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk