Show off you Chalices!!!

kyley

Thought I'd share my new ones. Tiny frags and few eyes right now. Please note the two chalices that have tiny white dots on them. Any idea what these are? I noticed that they're also on the representative frag and parent colony though...

Eternal Sunshine Chalice:
chalice_eternal_sunshine.jpg

Link to parent colony photo

Death Star Chalice:
chalice_death_star.jpg

Pic of a representative frag

Blue Hornet Chalice:
chalice_purple_hornet.jpg

Parent colony

Bubble Gum Rainbow Chalice (this one looks nothing like the parent colony - not even sure I got the right one):
chalice_bubble_gum_rainbow.jpg

Parent colony

Fire & Ice Chalice - no eyes :(
chalice_fire_ice.jpg

Parent colony

Thanks,
--Kyle

seafansar

Nice ones! The dots are just sparkles! Some chalices and favias have them. Just a sparkle of color. lol. Nothing wrong, just an interesting pattern in the color.
Hope that last one does alright for you! I'm sure it will be fine. I've had one chalice "die" to the point where I couldn't even see ANY tissue. I kept the skeleton in the tank and low and behold a few months later it started coming back! Now it's a whole mouth plus a little tissue around the sides. About the side of a pencil eraser.
The bubble gum one looks like it has the same growth pattern as the one in the picture. Hopefully once it colors up it will look the same. It sucks that they sent you a browned out one, but it can recover, just takes a couple of months.

kyley

Thanks for setting my mind at ease, Sara. The spots do look kind of cool - I'm just used to tiny white spots being a bad thing ;) Ich for example!

I hope the bubble gum one colors up... It looked really cool in the photo! Not an uncommon thing though - rarely do our purchases live up to the photos! Take care,
--Kyle

seafansar

Finally uploaded my chalice pictures.

Apple Berry
P4140264.jpg

P4140266.jpg

Miami hurricane on top and no named chalice on bottom (green with orange eyes)
P4140267.jpg

BGM
P4140268.jpg

Red with yellow eyes
P4140269.jpg

Tyree Aspera
P4140270.jpg

Key lime mango sherbet
P4140271.jpg

Pink and Green
P4140272.jpg

Pink and Blue
P4140273.jpg

Orange chalice on bottom and Not my miami chalice on top
P4140274.jpg

Darth maul look-a-like
P4140275.jpg

K L R

There is one that looksd like the orange eyed one called jason fox's lava eyes chalice...search it on google..if it is that one, i think they are worth a decent amount...

1Reefer

Beautiful Chalices! I have one but it was a freebie lol and all these put it to shame! I will upload a pic here real soon though... great pics guys!

kyley

Mmm... I want that Mummy Eye! :) I have an Alien Eye like that now - it's a nice chalice too. Take care,
--Kyle

eaze333

Old thread, but I figured I would show my first 2 chalices

Unknown chalice??
DSC04466.jpg

Rainbow robakaki I pick up 3 weeks ago.
Large-Coral-12-1155-1.jpg

bshady

Actually have a shipment of 6 chalices coming tomorrow so i will post pics as soon as i get them into the tank

Oxylebius

I like sparkles :yup:
Looks like a Echinophyllia species: heavy-tissued, corallites are raised and warty, pointing at different angles.