Recent content by tony cliffe

1. T

salt weight vs mixed gallons

can anyone convert all these measures to ounces or Lbs per litre?????????? as i am dumb and still confused in uk
  2. T

Hello all from newbie.......

IT works take a look :hug1:
  3. T

think i have worked out how to add pictures to my posts Mmmm will see. Upgraded Rio 180 new build stand and sump... http://s740.photobucket.com/user/tonycliffe/library/
  4. T

modifying cabinet (rienforcing)

ok guys got a spare tank to house fish so i can drill tank, build stand, and plumb in fingers crossed will post pics of my progress as soon as i have enough posts failure is not an option,,,,,,,,,,
  5. T

Fact or Fiction Who knows my Tank

Will try to Document My reef Experience from day1, some good some bad and some downright rubbish advvice given by LFSS.... ? Why are all livestock/pet suppliers not regulated for the benifit of the livestock/Pets, how can agrowing industry carry on in bussiness when they in many cases behave...
  6. T

Guten Tag!

nice set up just in the process of upgrading Rio 180 to sump sys. best of luck.
  7. T

Wanting to change tanks

excelent idea new sand and seed with old sounds like best way to me, just wach peramiters for dsb to kick in properly.
  8. T

well commited to building new cabbinet and ahve already got almost complete got skimmer to fit new sump, ehiem 3000 pump and 300w heater, also got spare tank to house fish rock & softies while drilling my tank, so cycling the skimmer in this in readiness, on holiday now for a week when i return...
  9. T

Thanks all for the welcome, finally decided to build new tank stand for Rio 180 not confident enough to modify existing stand as it is to flimsy and bare bones that i cant see a way if modifying to accomadate a sump. How do i start a thread to show members the build and get opinions?
  10. T

yes will be able to remove from cabinet cabbinet will have double end panels and double back centre panel, what i am trying to do is support the front centre of the tank using rigid steel, Less give than wood, may have to use stainless to combat salt, if we do not explore we will never improve...
  11. T

thanks I intend to make a metal frame 1" Square metal tubing up against bottom of cabinet but inside cabinet and bolted with coachbolts to end panels. should be more than enough to cope with weight and may place the two removed panels on outside of cabinet at either end to double strength of end...