Hello all from newbie.......

tony cliffe

Hello all just set up mu first reef Aquarium 180 litre DT just in the process of adding Sump Scratching Head over how to mod Juwel Rio Stand to accomodate... any will solve that problem tank been up and running for about 2 months now and as far as i can see all is fine, getting slight fluctuation of nitate from 0-20ppm but correcting with water changes.
Enough
Just a bit about me, I am nearly 60 and a Locksmith now for 20 yrs in Uk, Married 2 great boys had tropicals in my teens but not since. Set up this Tank to challenge myself with something new, and enjoying the challeng for i believe it really does take a great deal of dedication and bloody mindedness to sucessfully set up and maintain a reef tank, and admit i was never great at E=Mc~ so am learning something new every day, trouble is there is no diffinitive rule book or settings for a reef aquarium, still one can only do the best you can and mistakes can take a long time to rectify .(to say nothinh of the Expense).

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Welcome to RS!! You are right, there is no definitive rule book for a successful reef but there are some pretty strong guidelines that will eventually lead you to success. You've come to the right place, start a tank thread and ask as many questions as you like. We're here to help!

ReefingFun

Hey Yony! Great to see you join RS!

Challenging yourself with a reef tank is an excellent choice indeed. There is nothing more challenging and intriguing than this hobby imo!
Would love to see some pics soon :D

Good luck and if you need any help, don't doubt to ask here!

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
:welcomera WELCOME Tony to Reef Sanctuary!
Thanks for sharing your story & joining us here :thumbup:
Be sure to ask any ???s you have, none are silly or dumb & we love to help, share & learn together.
This hobby is EXCITING...never a dull moment. :D
Hope you will Start a tank thread so we can follow along.
BEST WISHES :biker

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members
745.gif

Start a new tank thread & share your tank with us so we can follow along - we love pics :)

tony cliffe

Thanks all for the welcome, will endeavour to post my sucesses and failures! so that others may benifit as no doubt i will,

tony cliffe

Thanks all for the welcome, finally decided to build new tank stand for Rio 180 not confident enough to modify existing stand as it is to flimsy and bare bones that i cant see a way if modifying to accomadate a sump.
How do i start a thread to show members the build and get opinions?