Recent content by ReeferMadness08

1. R

Coral beauty and snowcasso clownfish pair

My coral beauty and snowcasso clownfish behave as a mated pair, cuddling and swimming together all day long. Has anyone ever heard of this? It's really cute. On the downside, we tried introducing a smaller clownfish to create a true mated pair with our clownfish, and he killed it and went back...
  2. R

Help everything was electrocuted :(

yesterday I had a maxijet go bad on and I believe my entire tank was shocked to death....1130am everything fine in tank, ~1:30pm I came home to find an awful stench in my room and my tank pretty much black. All fish were killed and I was able to salvage 1 Scroll coral. My question is....Is my...
  3. R

48w T5 HO Lighting question

I have a spare Light in my bedroom and was pondering the idea of growing some vegetables or something in a little garden. Would this light work for growing plant life and or what type of bulb would be used? any input is appreciated.....The light is T5 48w dual fixture. Thanks Corey
  4. R

prodibio and xenia

I havent dosed with the reefbooster yet, but i have been dosing Bioptim and Biodigest for 3 months now. I waited 12 days in between 1st and second dose(15 days is reccomended) but I had a case of hair algae on a few rocks and shortened time in between doses. Algae was pretty much gone 7 days...
  5. R

prodibio and xenia

I dose Prodibio and have xenia in my tank with great results. I like to try to keep my nitrates at 5 or 10 and monitor it closely. I do not do frequent water changes and dose the tank with essentials that are lost over time. I have definately seen a difference in there appearance when the tank...
  6. R

Need camera advice!!

The darker clothes dont reflect in the glass as much as lighter colored clothes do. Think of a backdrop for a portait...it mutes the light
  7. R

Need camera advice!!

Another Tip would be to focus the camera on an object roughly the same depth as the target in the tank, this will allow you to get a better focused picture with the camera. Also make sure no lights are on around the tank and wear darker colored clothing while shooting.
  8. R

Replacing MH with T-5s

You could always buy angle brackets from home depot and mount them to studs on the wall, then suspend the light from the angle brackets
  9. R

Brooklynella?

Well thats what has me stumped, whatever it is, it has killed 2 shrimp and a wrasse in 24hours, yet all other inverts,anemone,coral seem uneffected....I will post pics when i get back from LFS for some meds
  10. R

Brooklynella?

37 gallon modified eclipse tank with eheim2215 canister filter,150w halide with 2 20w actinics. Tank is roughly 9 months old, I have been dosing prodibio bio digest and bioptim every 15 days for a little over a month(3 doses), No new additions to tank other than Coral. Can Brooklynella kill...
  11. R

Brooklynella?

I think i might have an outbreak of brooklynella in my tank, my Clark's Clownfish has developed what appears to be white blotches/loss of color during late night and early morning hours(lights off), During the day he stays at the bottom of the tank and breathes rapidly...I have also noticed an...
  12. R

Poccilopora question

sweet babies everywhere!
  13. R

Poccilopora question

How does a poccilopora spread its colony? I have what appears to be tiny polyps coming out of my rock that look identical to the polyps on the poccilopora. The spot of growth is roughly 4 inches away from the poccilopora. I will try and take pics, but it is so small I dont know if i can get a...
  14. R

ZAPCOnj's 900 +/- Gallon Future basement project... need some advice/input!

Hey just to chime in, I own a countertop company who fabricates custom corian and granite countertops and also has a reef addiction. If you want to incorporate any of these materials into your project please let me know, I would love a chance to get creative with the design. Good luck with...
  15. R

Skimmer Reviews

Looking to get a new skimmer for christmas and wanted to hear some input from fellow reefers on a HOB skimmer that would work well with my 40g DT. Tank has LPS and SPS... Thanks for your input