Recent content by Reef Wall

1. Reef Wall

High Alkalinity

Say goodbye to your savings.
  2. Reef Wall

Green Hair Algae Removal

I physically removed all of the GHA. I did a 10% water change and will do a 50% water change today. How much light do my corals need per day? I don't want to cut the lighting back so much that my corals suffer. I get all of my water from the LFS. Do I still need to test it?
  3. Reef Wall

Green Hair Algae Removal

I do use frozen cubes. How do you rinse with RO?
  4. Reef Wall

Green Hair Algae Removal

Water changes are done twice a month. I use RO/DI water. I run my MH 6 hours a day and my sump light 12. My MH bulb is about 3 months old. Nitrate 0, Phosphates 0 ( because of all of the algae). I feed once a day when I remember. Usually once every other day. I forgot to mention I also have...
  5. Reef Wall

Green Hair Algae Removal

Ok, so I have a veritable forest of green hair algae growing in my DT. I have physically removed it multiple times only to have it grow back. I have had enough so I purchased the Phosban Reactor by Two Little Fishes. Has anyone had success with this product? My other question would be. Do I need...
  6. Reef Wall

Coralife Super Skimmer 65 No Bubbles ?

You guys are right on the money. I unplugged the airline tube and it was plugged with salt right where the tube enters the pump. Works like new now. Thanks for the help!
  7. Reef Wall

I'm at 1.023.. I thought that too but figured that I would just have larger bubbles, not no bubbles at all.
  8. Reef Wall

Here are pics..
  9. Reef Wall

So I get home and my skimmer is producing no bubbles. I have had my skimmer set up for about 5 months working fine. Made no changes and now no bubbles. My first thought was to clean it. I did and it worked better, but not like originally did, for about 24 hours. Then, again no bubbles. Repeated...
  10. Reef Wall

Editing your Threads

I did... I posted this in reef chronicles... http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/reef-chronicles/61132-my-first-sw-reef-40-gal.html and I sent Travis a PM. It's no big deal though. I will just start a new thread because all of my pics were lost from the original anyway. I know you...
  11. Reef Wall

Editing your Threads

thanks, I will just re-post them. I have been trying to get my thread moved to "reef Chronicles" from " Saltwater Beginners" anyway.
  12. Reef Wall

Looking for an overflow

I use an Eshopps 300 for my 40 gal with a 10 gal sump. I have not had any problems yet. I feel it is a good product. I would however, if you have not stocked the tank, recommend drilling it.
  13. Reef Wall

Editing your Threads

I moved some photos around on Photobucket and now they do not show up on my tank build thread anymore. I was simply going to edit the thread with the new photo location but the edit button is no longer present on the posts. Is there any way to edit my old posts so I can update the photos?
  14. Reef Wall

First Fish Problem, Not?

How is the Damsel?
  15. Reef Wall

Cleaner Shrimp vs Duncan Coral

I know it has been a while since any one has posted in this thread but I have noticed the same thing with my cleaner shrimp and Duncan. The shrimp is annoying the Duncan to death. When I feed the Duncan the shrimp always tries to steel food before they close up completely. Maybe this is why the...