Recent content by Puffersarefun

1. P

Soft Coral Lights

Oh, sorry, forgot to mention that, lol. It's a 55 gal.
  2. P

Soft Coral Lights

So, I'm converting a FOWLR tank that I have to a soft coral reef tank, and I was wondering if the 4x54w Sunlight supply tek lights from Marine Depot would be enough light for them, or if I should get the 6 bulb fixture instead. I'm not going to have any stony corals in this tank, just soft, and...
  3. P

RG's 100 fish only with live rock

This looks like it's gonna be a pretty cool tank.I love triggers, but my tanks are way too small. Subscribed.:laughroll
  4. P

quick noob question

Yeah, alot of the macro's you have listed should be grown on the rocks. The codium, ulva, gracilaria and (I think) the liagora need to be anchored on them to grow properly. If it's going to be a macro-dominated tank, then you probably won't have to have the skimmer. It won't hurt, but it won't...
  5. P

180 gallon FOWLR fish stocking list.

Np. But what about getting an Anthias shoal? They're pretty cool fish, though somewhat delicate from what I've heard. Or maybe a big angelfish, in place of a couple of the tangs? Emperer angelfish are pretty amazing. Idk if that would be ok or not, hopefully someone else with more experince will...
  6. P

Green Spotted Puffers

Oh, woops, forgot to put tank size down, lol. It's a 55 gal.
  7. P

Green Spotted Puffers

So, does anybody have experience with GSP's in a FOWLR tank? I'm going to have some room in my tank pretty soon, and I'm looking for a more unusual tankmate that won't get too large. It's tankmates would be a Canthigaster puffer and a Neon Velvet Damsel, so if they would fight, then never mind...
  8. P

180 gallon FOWLR fish stocking list.

Catalina gobies are coldwater fish. They won't last long in a reef tank, unfortunately. And won't the Marine Beta eat the chromis/all the other small fish in your tank?
  9. P

Will I be able to keep a pipe fish?

Try this link: Seahorse Tankmates: What’s Safe, What’s Not? | FusedJaw: Seahorses, Pipefish & Seadragons:olsmile:
  10. P

Snaowflake Eel gone missing!!!

Yeah, I'm probably going to find him a new home. He was my first fish ever, my LFS sold him to me saying he'd be fine in my tank, but after this I'm starting to get a little wary of him. I'll make sure he's going to a really good home, though.
  11. P

Good news! I saw my eel last night. I watched after the tank lights went off and he was swimming all around the tank. I got him to eat a small peice of krill, too!!
  12. P

No prob, reefer. Well, that's good, that my puffer's safe. I still want to find a new home for him, I think, though. He's a gorgeous fish, but I can't get him to eat anything, he's to shy. Which now that I've typed that on here, I could just kick myself. Yeah, he ate my eel.:smack:
  13. P

Yeah, I think that might be what happened. Now I have to find it a new home before it decides my puffer looks tasty.:(
  14. P

It's a spotted grouper, he's only about 6, maybe 6 and a half inches long. My eel's about 10 or 11, maybe slightely smaller. I've never seen them fight before, but I also don't watch the tank a ton at night, when they're the most active. The only reason I say that is b/c my grouper's started...
  15. P

Oh, yeah, one more thing. My grouper has been a lot more aggressive lately, mainly to my damsel, but is there any chance that he bulled/is bullying my eel to death? Or even ate him!?!