quick noob question

GrendelPrime

im thinking of starting a macro tank..75 gal 175watt mh 10k xm's 30gal sump asm g2 skimmer..i found the macros i want...codium taylorii, codium isthmocladum, bryothamnion, laurencia, liagora, ulva and red gracilaria i have about 80lbs of lr but my question is can i anchor the macro to rocks as well as planting in sand? and how does the variety sound and if theres any pros and cons for the different types? any info would be great..ive done reefs for a number of yrs with great success till my tank broke a seal when i was on vacation..got a new tank a number of yrs ago set it up but never realy did much with it till i started seeing macro tanks so now i got the itch so now i need some help planning it out

Yeah, alot of the macro's you have listed should be grown on the rocks. The codium, ulva, gracilaria and (I think) the liagora need to be anchored on them to grow properly. If it's going to be a macro-dominated tank, then you probably won't have to have the skimmer. It won't hurt, but it won't do much. At least that's what the stuff I've read has said, lol. :yup: