Snaowflake Eel gone missing!!!

So, my snowflake has been acting weird for the past week and a half, he hasn't been eating, but I wasn't too worried b/c I've read online they can go for a long time without eating. Anyway, now I can't find him anywhere in the tank, not even when food goes in. I've had him for a year, and he's never hidden this long before. My water quality is good, I was struggling with nitrate for awhile but its fine now. Any suggestions on what I should do?

Oh, yeah, one more thing. My grouper has been a lot more aggressive lately, mainly to my damsel, but is there any chance that he bulled/is bullying my eel to death? Or even ate him!?!

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
Look on the floor behind and around the tank, could have jumped out and slithered across the floor under somthing. It could just be in the sand buried.

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
Oh check overflow boxes if you have them and even the sump. Eels are escape artisits.

It's a spotted grouper, he's only about 6, maybe 6 and a half inches long. My eel's about 10 or 11, maybe slightely smaller. I've never seen them fight before, but I also don't watch the tank a ton at night, when they're the most active. The only reason I say that is b/c my grouper's started attacking my damsel when it gets too close. The damsel is perfectly fine, it's just the grouper backing him off.

Thanks for the suggestions, I will definately check.

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
Grouper's are opportunity feeders and hogs to boot, if the eel could fit in the grouper's mouth it may have been dinner.

1Reefer

That would have been my guess.... idk why I didn't see you had replied. Sorry about that Puffers

I do like those groupers, but I have to stay away lol lion fish are the same way for me.

No prob, reefer. Well, that's good, that my puffer's safe. I still want to find a new home for him, I think, though. He's a gorgeous fish, but I can't get him to eat anything, he's to shy. Which now that I've typed that on here, I could just kick myself. Yeah, he ate my eel.:smack:

Good news! I saw my eel last night. I watched after the tank lights went off and he was swimming all around the tank. I got him to eat a small peice of krill, too!!

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
That's good news :) they are great at hiding in the sandbed and tucking in or under rocks.

Yeah, I'm probably going to find him a new home. He was my first fish ever, my LFS sold him to me saying he'd be fine in my tank, but after this I'm starting to get a little wary of him. I'll make sure he's going to a really good home, though.