Recent content by da456789

1. D

Daves 220 Journal

Just a quick update tank is still going slow. I decided on T5 lighting so will be ordering either a 2 36" strips or 1 72". The reason for considering the 36" is that they are easier to work with. I have purchased the ro unit and have been using it connected to the faucet. I am looking at...
  2. D

Live rock vs base rock

Base rock can be created instructions at Geothermal Aquaculture Research Foundation Home Page In my 210 I will be using base rock about 100-200lbs mixed with another 100-200 lbs of LR. The base rock I created earlier and used in my 46 was looking almost as good as the live rock before a...
  3. D

light question

Ok guys if i l can convince the wife to let me get metal halides. a) what would be a good 72" light fixture? b) how bad would the heat be from them? c) how much better is MH vs T5's in a large tank ie 30" depth 210 AGA d) If anyone has some tank shots with the lighting that would be...
  4. D

light question

On my new 220 I am currently running 4x96W pc's(came with tank) and 4x39W T5ho(which i had before). Since the T5's are 36" I could add another 36" T5 with 4-6 39W for 200-300. The other option would be to replace the 36" fixture with at new 72"(600-900). My question is would it be worth a...
  5. D

The 200+ Club

Hello all as of last Wednesday I now have a 210 AGA up a running. This is going to be fun to stock. :spinner:
  6. D

Daves 220 Journal

First Tank shots They forgot to bring the pc lights. So the tank is only lighted by my 36" T5 atm so please excuse the pics. The tv on the side is a 50" for a size comp. to the tank. My first impression was man the tank ate 90lbs of live rock that was in the 46 awful quick. Looks like I a...
  7. D

Daves 220 Journal

Re: Daves 220 Journal -- few questions Delivery and install is set for Wednesday. They did not have any decent fuge’s at the LFS so can someone point meet to a link to make my own? I would like to put it under the tank. Looking at the ro/di units from air water ice specifically the...
  8. D

Daves 220 Journal

Only going to buy fuge if I get a very very good price. The above setup was only 1K :)
  9. D

Daves 220 Journal

Quick update and Tank Specs Going Saturday to setup delivery and install date of the base system :dance: This is the 1 year old system I purchased. The tank is a AGA 210 with dual Factory Installed Overflows(Woops thought it was a perfecto 220) Sump is an AGA Maxflow Type IV Current...
  10. D

46 Gallon Rebuild

follow my new build 220 build http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/reef-chronicles/38413-daves-220-journal.html
  11. D

Daves 220 Journal

To make a long story short went to the lfs to order a replacement 46 bow and talked the wife into letting me get my dream tank. This is going to be a slow build since I would like to take my time to stocking it. I will know on Wednesday or Thursday when it will be delivered. The clowns...
  12. D

46 Gallon Rebuild

opions needed --maybe bigger a lot bigger I was going to the lfs to order another 46 bow I decided to look other tanks he had in stock. After the storm they had of lot of people who downsized tanks and sold out rather than restocking. What I am looking at is a 1 year old used 210 gal...
  13. D

46 Gallon Rebuild

Tearing It down Again Quick history found some chips and now what appears to be some hairline cracks on the side of the tank that was facing the window that exploded. More info if wanted http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/general-reef-aquarium-discussion/38197-urgent-advice-needed.html...
  14. D

urgent advice needed

Found more small chips on the same side. Also some of the scratches now look a lot like hairline cracks this morning. So after I get out of work(meeting i needed to attend) I am going home and tear down the tank again. I will try and find another 46 bow localy but may have to order 1...
  15. D

urgent advice needed

Thanks Bigjay just bookmarked their website will try and give them a call in the morning. It just seems like whenever I fix one thing around here 2 more pop up. I had just bought some decent live rock and placed it in the tank. The ammonia levels finally are falling now this. At ths rate...