Daves 220 Journal

da456789

To make a long story short went to the lfs to order a replacement 46 bow and talked the wife into letting me get my dream tank. This is going to be a slow build since I would like to take my time to stocking it. I will know on Wednesday or Thursday when it will be delivered.

The clowns will have a mansion.

da456789

Quick update and Tank Specs

Going Saturday to setup delivery and install date of the base system :dance:

This is the 1 year old system I purchased.

The tank is a AGA 210 with dual Factory Installed Overflows(Woops thought it was a perfecto 220)
Sump is an AGA Maxflow Type IV
Current Lighting is coral life with 4 96W PC (going to upgrade -- probably adding T5's HO on)
Pumps were included.
Perfecto Pine stand. -- going to make my own hood.

Saturday going to select a skimmer, RO unit and see what type of fuge's the LFS has in stock. With Gustav and the downturn in the ecomony a lot of people have let the larger tanks go so i may be able to pick up some good deals on some more used equipement.

da456789

Re: Daves 220 Journal -- few questions

Delivery and install is set for Wednesday.
They did not have any decent fuge’s at the LFS so can someone point meet to a link to make my own? I would like to put it under the tank.

Looking at the ro/di units from air water ice specifically the compact III anyone have any exp. with them?

Thanks

da456789

First Tank shots

They forgot to bring the pc lights. So the tank is only lighted by my 36" T5 atm so please excuse the pics. The tv on the side is a 50" for a size comp. to the tank. My first impression was man the tank ate 90lbs of live rock that was in the 46 awful quick. Looks like I a going to need at least another 90-100 lbs of live rock. I am going to really enjoy stocking this baby.

:bigbounce

Attachments

• IMGP4579mod.jpg
    IMGP4579mod.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 38
  • IMGP4581mod.jpg
    IMGP4581mod.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 38

NCguy

WiseGuy
You're right about that tank eating up the live rock.I've got the same tank and I have around 400 lbs of live rock and 300 lbs of live sand.It's Looking good though. :thumbup:

da456789

Just a quick update tank is still going slow. I decided on T5 lighting so will be ordering either a 2 36" strips or 1 72". The reason for considering the 36" is that they are easier to work with. I have purchased the ro unit and have been using it connected to the faucet. I am looking at different methods to connect it directly into the household plumbing with an ato for the tank.

I have made about 130lbs more of base rock and have it outside curing so as soon as it is ready will add it to the DT.

Another project in the works will be a screen top for the tank using fiber glass screen and plastic molding to keep carpet surfers in the tank.

On the up side added a small clean up crew of hermits, snails, Fox Face and a lawnmower blenny.

The clowns are still doing well but with the pod explosion in the tank they are not even looking at their normal food so i hope when the pod populations fall off the will go back to the normal preps.

I will try and get some pics up soon