Recent content by cuttie100

1. cuttie100

First Reef Tank first disaster

I disagree...A water change can help with anything. If you have low readings of any major element, a water change will help. If you have low readings of mag. for instance a water change with an "unbalanced batch of salt" may not bring it back to requiered ratios but it will definetly help. Even...
  2. 43400322

3. cuttie100

Help Id Coral!!

:-\ aww not good. Anyone in florida?!?!?!??
  4. cuttie100

Help Id Coral!!

miami florida.
  5. cuttie100

Help Id Coral!!

Can you find me a frag?!?
  6. cuttie100

Help Id Coral!!

Overgrowing a brain coral
  7. cuttie100

Help Id Coral!!

yep anything it comes in contact with is a victom. I really miss that coral.... If you guys know anyone that has one for sale please let me know. My LFS dosent carry it :(
  8. cuttie100

Help Id Coral!!

YESSS that is it CBROWNFISH....I sold about 4 rocks loaded with it for about 140.00 now I regret it. If anyone has a frag I am willing to purchase it. That is one beautful coral....Adds alot of movement to the tank and grows like crazy under the right conditions.
  9. cuttie100

Help Id Coral!!

This coral spreads really fast in a mat like form. Very similar to the star polyps but when it retracts you can only see a dot were the polyp is. It is all pink in color even when its closed.
  10. cuttie100

green coralline question

yea fatman is pretty much a god when speaking of reef. I have learned so much from reading his responce in different threads. I give all respects to him when it comes to reefing. I wouldent be shocked at all if he mentioned he has a science lab down in his basement with a bunch of test tubes...
  11. cuttie100

Cloudy water from Kalk???

Yep Octoman is right....That is the same method I take when mixing my kalk.
  12. cuttie100

green coralline question

Totally understandable. Some people have all the time in the world to spectate and service his/her tank. Some only do it when they have time or some do it sometime within the week. My method is pretty much like yungreeder, when it needs to be done its done. However using a razor blade I find it...
  13. cuttie100

green coralline question

I dont have the time to clean my tank every day because I do have a job....I do it maybe 3 times a week. I clean the back glass every time I do a water change which is once every 2 weeks. By that time the algae gets thick enough and a razor is needed to remove it. I never get that on the front...
  14. cuttie100

Problem with Octopus BH-100 Protein Skimmer

maybe the outlet port is restricted...maybe the pump is pumping in to much water and not letting enough out.
  15. cuttie100

Anyone Use Kalk+2 By Brightwell Aquatics?

Anyone using Kalk+2 from Brightwell Aquatics. The bottle says it adds, Magnesium, and Strontium as well. Has anyone had bad experiance with it?