Help Id Coral!!

cuttie100

This coral spreads really fast in a mat like form. Very similar to the star polyps but when it retracts you can only see a dot were the polyp is. It is all pink in color even when its closed.

43400078.jpg

43400073.jpg

43400077.jpg

Frankie

RS STAFF
Ah! my mistake. I did not fully understand the first post due to lack of attention :D Could you please point out the coral in question. There are several in the pictures. A picture of it retracted would be really helpful. Is it the one that looks like GSP? It very well could be depending on the lighting over your system.

cuttie100

YESSS that is it CBROWNFISH....I sold about 4 rocks loaded with it for about 140.00 now I regret it. If anyone has a frag I am willing to purchase it. That is one beautful coral....Adds alot of movement to the tank and grows like crazy under the right conditions.

cuttie100

yep anything it comes in contact with is a victom. I really miss that coral.... If you guys know anyone that has one for sale please let me know. My LFS dosent carry it :(

mps9506

Your LFS really can't order you an encrusting gorg? :) Yikes... I thought the ones here were bad. Our wholesalers used to throw those in as freebies.

cbrownfish

YESSS that is it CBROWNFISH....I sold about 4 rocks loaded with it for about 140.00 now I regret it. If anyone has a frag I am willing to purchase it. That is one beautful coral....Adds alot of movement to the tank and grows like crazy under the right conditions.

Many hate it but I love it. Awesome movement. With that said, I have it on a long rock right in the front of my tank on the sand (can't get off it's island). With GSP and Encrusting Gorg, you have to keep it isolated or it will take over.

Funny thing is I do have a frag on a small branch rock.....however, it is in Charlotte!