Chris's Red sea max

Madfish

Fantastic! What lenses do you use with the Canon 400?

Hey thankyou,

I used a TAMRON 70-300 mm Lens...... Yes I know this is not realy made for macros.:ponder2:

I shot the pics accos the living room. The tripod was about 6ft away from the tank..........:snshne:

I am planning to by a macro lens one day thow.

SALUT

jjohnson3

You could be right Chris. What type of anemone is it? It looks like a bubble but the color looks like a Riterri.

Madfish

I have been told that it is an Heteractis Malu I think but I am not sure. I will get back to you on that one.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Thanks for the lens info. Madfish. I've got a 60mm Canon macro, but I'm usually too lazy to switch lenses. the 100mm is supposed to be a good lens also. The Gobiodon Okinawae is indeed sold over here as the Yellow Clown Goby. Did you get a matched pair - male & female? I usually read that they are peaceful, but that they will fight with their own species.

Mavjoy

Nice tank Chris. When you do a WC, do you get the water from the back(back chambers) or in the display area?...I'm planning on adding more LR for more surface area and to add more corals...but worried corals being expose to air when I do WC. Thanks.

Madfish

Hi,

Well, no matter if I take the water from the BC or from the Display area, the water lever sinks anyway in the display area. When I do a WC I change only 10-15 % it.

Ther is no problem if your corals are exposed to the air for a little while. In nature the tide does that to them too. Best is to turn of the lights when they are out of the water to make sure not to burn them. Specialy with an HQI lampe. I still run the original lights and I do not turn them off during WC.

Madfish

The Gobiodon Okinawae is indeed sold over here as the Yellow Clown Goby. Did you get a matched pair - male & female? I usually read that they are peaceful, but that they will fight with their own species.

I am not sure if they are a matching pair. At first they acted wierd. Sometimes cuddling somtimes fighting. Now dey dont fight anymore but they are not Super close. But for sure, they are VERY peaceful and you see them all the time they are not scared and always on display on one or the other coral.

Perfect fish for an RSM.

Madfish

Hey there,

I have been working on a filtering tower like the one that StevieT created but with the difference that mine has a Tunze MICRON bag in stead of the fist 2 filtering levels.

I put it in the tank this morning and it seems to work. I guess it will take time until the little particuls in the wather will dissapear but we will see.

Talk to you all laters about more mods.

Madfish

By the way,

Please excuse all my mistakes. My mother thong is French and I speak fluently german and I am not to confortable righting in english.

Thanks for understanding.:columbo:

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Hi Chris. The filtering tower sounds nice. Did you take any pictures of it?

Your English is very good! :)

Madfish

Hi,

Yes I did but not the latest version. Not the one with the micron bag.

I took a pic of my prototype. It is just a very bad copy of the ones that are solde by StevieT.

3164849538_2ec700ec73_o.jpg

degibson84

WOW absolutely amazing.

this thread makes me want to go out and get a RSM 250 when i get my settlement next week and get rid of my 45g tank

Madfish

Thank you guys but I diserve no credit for it.

I built one and modified one but StevieT invented it and If you want one, you should support him by buying it form him.

Home Page

I didn't becaus I live on the other side of the world and because I wanted something with a MICRON BAG.

Laters

Madfish

Ok,

As promessed, here are the pics of the few mods I made.

1. The filtering Tower with a Tunze MICRON BAG. (not done yet. Neet do finish the lower level to be able to put a bag of carbon under the Micron Bag.

3291710499_edc3c40cd0.jpg

2. I added an extra set of magnets on the skimmer to be able to put it against the bac wall and not againt the filtering Tower.

3292529172_9daa353b61.jpg

3292524604_1ae9ce8ca0.jpg

3291708131_4110ea142f.jpg

3. Computer ventilators hooked on a cell phone charger to blow wind accross the light Tunnel

3291704829_8ea108df35.jpg

I opened this end to let the max of hot air out.

3291709401_4a139334e2.jpg

4. Additionnal ventilation for summer.

3292523396_f034aaf294.jpg

Just to let you know, I am not using any heater at all. The lights warm up the tank enough. In the summer even to much. But with the vents it is not to bad.

Next mods: Light, Refuge.... I will keep you posted

Laters

Rue

Very cool! I'm impressed by the technological aspect of it all!

Dein Englisch ist besser als mein Deutch.