Zoo's on the move

Clownboy

I have some green and red Zoo's on a small rock that I bought. I sat this rock on one my rocks. The next morning they sitting down in my sand bed.

I moved them again and the next morning the same thing. I then moved them to a different location and they stayed there all day then I went to bed and the next morning they were in the sand bed, I did the same thing last night with the same results this morning.

I have now left them in the sand bed but I proped them beside a rock so they could spread to the rock.

What should I do? I am afraid that I am going to kill them by moving them everyday. I didnt think they could move. Any help please.

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Something is prowling around during the night time and knocking the small rock off... snai? worm? fish?

Glue the rock down using superglue gel :)

BoomerD

If you stay up late with a red-colored flashlight, (the lens,not the flashlight itself) you'll see the zoanthids flap their tentacles like mad, and actually move thru the tank on their own power...
OK, NOT! just having a bit of fun... ;)
Most likely, as Woody mentioned, a fish or snail or even a large worm has moved them. Another possiblilty is a mantis shrimp could be moving the rock.
Watching at night with the red-light is a good way to see lots of things in your tank that you never imagined were there...Worms, pods, etc. Fun to watch the tank at night.

Clownboy

BoomerD, You really had me going, I was thinking "Really". I didnt think they could move but by looking at my tank you would not think there are any worms or pods but we know thats not correct.

You scare me about the mantis shrimp moving my rock. The one thing I dont want.

Witfull

stick your finger in every hole of every rock,,,when you feel excruciating pain and pull back a stump,,,youve found your mantis~

fishinchick

This sounds silly but it works - I swear ...

If you have a bulldozer snail or hermit that apparently has a 'thing' for a particular rock, you can secure the rock temporarially with Bubble Yum Bubble gum.

Yeah you read that right.

Get grape or strawberry because they look like corraline algae and either you or someone else chews it until the sugar is gone. Take this lovely wad of gum and jam it into the rock in question and push that into the rock where you wish it to sit.
If you decide you want to move it later on - you can do so - as many times as you want to.

Told you it was going to sound silly.