zoos growth?

beel

I purchased a few kinds of zoos 2 months ago. and none of it has grown or spread. i know iodine is essential for zoos, but is there any other specific water condition required or trick use to generate zoos growth?

Craig Manoukian

Mine were partially closed for the first week. Takes time for them to acclimate to the new surroundings. They will grow in time as brian_e said.:D

UnderWaterParadise

my name is Rob and I'm a Zooaholic
I think 2-3 months is asking a little much to see new growth. I've had zoos that only grew maybe 1-2 new polyps per year. As for the Iodine thing I have found that on my skimmerless tank that gets no iodine at all gets better growth then the tank I used to dose with iodine. I would say as long as they are opening up they are perfectly healthy.

Rob

mps9506

Don't dose iodine unless you have a test kit for it.
Like everyone else said, give em some time. They might not start growing for months.

mattie

RS Sponsor
i agree with the thought to stay away from the iodine and it takes somethings time to adjust to new water chemistry and they could be in shock from being moved muliple times and the differnet water chemistry if you wait and have everything the best you can make soon they will grow faster than you would want...
i had they piece of zoo's and it didn't gorw for 3-4 months then its started growing like crazy i kept fragging it and selling off big chunks...... last time i sold all the pieces but one small one that had maybe 15 polyps on it in 6 months time it has well over a hundred and it grows faster and faster all trhe time

beel

Thanx a lot guys! Really appreciate your advice! i'll forget about the iodine, it seems complicated and risky. Scott, thanx for the thread! hope your zoos grow asap.. hehe

Witfull

i just got some Zo frags and i cannot wait for them to spread,,,its been 4 days now,,,,come on...lol,,,

with zo's they can sit there and seem to do nothing,,,then blam they spread.