zoo propagation

flyline

ok im looking for some advise i bought some zoos about 2 months ago and they look great but they are not spreading hardly at all its to my understanding that some spread faster than others but i have 4 different types in my tank. is there any way that i can get them to spread faster? any tips or tricks that any one could provide me would be very apreciated..:spinner:

XBwlr

I've read that some people target feed them. More of a liquid mush than a solid type of food. Like Selcon with Cyclopeeze.

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
My zoanthids took about 6 months before they really started to take off. I wouldn't try to target feed them there's plenty of dissolved organics for them to eat. I started out with a couple of frags of about 5 polyps each know I have literally hundreds of polyps and I have to isolate them, otherwise they'll just take over the tank.

2455coop

It took abot 3 months before I noticed my zoas to start growing. Ever since I started target feeding them ( 2 months ago) they have started to really open up. I feed thee once a week using frozen coral food by H2O, frozen oyster eggs, and DT's. I also use rotifers and mysis in my conncoction to feed all the other critters. I turn my sump off for about 2 hours when i feed so this stuff circulates.

daveat

i use rod's food.

its food for the whole reef, has mysis, cyclops oyster eggs, selcon, all sorts of good stuff

sorry got off topic there, just be patient it takes awhile for them to become happy and adjusted to new condidtions. what kind of lighting do you have/ how many ga. is your setup?