zoo polyps not opening

Dakota

Got this colony of zoo polyps about a week ago. When i put them in the tank they fully opened up in about 10 minutes or so. that night i found one of those predatory snails on it and i pulled it of with twezzers. looked over the colony very slowly and didn't find anything else. since then they are barely opening up. i've moved them aroung to see if they like an area better than another and no progress, whats going on?? everything else in tank is doing fine. i do have a micro bubble issue, don't know if this is the problem.. any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

jks1

i had a colony that was pretty stubborn too. I moved it around a few times until it was happy, and now it is fine. HTH

i had a similar problem and by accident i found zoo nudis....very hard to see unless you have seen them befor,they look just like part of the zoo.hope this is not the case with yours.ill try and find the pics i took of the ones i had.

BrandonK

Dakota,

What are you running for lights and water flow? And/or how different is your setup from the one they came from? (Assuming the rest of your tank parameters are good :)) We've also seen a slow acting 'fungus type-disease' that takes out colonies around here.

Dakota

380 watts vho, colony at bottom of tank approx 26 inches from light, had them in the middle of tank no difference. water turnover approx 20 times an hour. i have been looking for any nudis but have yet to find anything. they came from MH and vho combo but at about 36- 40 inches away from light. yes water quality is very good, will be doing my 10 percent weekly change tommorrow will see if this helps

Playa

Dakota try testing the colony to different current levels(granting no nudis are present). By the way you have plenty of light for them to thrive.

Luis