Zoas for $2.50 and up. Best deal out there or I stand on my head

johnmaloney

Zoa frag special for RS members. I will do BOGO for the zoas you see on reefcleaners.org in the "other inverts" section. They are decent colors are include purple, pink, blue, green etc...lack of orange and red. They aren't Hawaiian Death Maul Super Crusier LEs, but they are generously sized, 100% nuisance algae free (still no point letting the QT go to waste) and look pretty cool to me. Limited supply, we didn't get into the coral business this is just a special thing because we left out a lot of people last time we did it b/c we didn't have enough for everyone. So this Reef Sanctuary Only special will expire tomorrow (Tuesday June 8th) at 5pm, or whenever they sell out.

These are Caribbean Zoas, if you are unfamiliar, they require:

INTENSE lighting. Metal halide is probably best. I have them under 270 watts of pc lighting, 10k and 50/50 power compact Odysseas and they are at a depth of less than 1/2 inch under the water and the light only goes through 7 inches of air. (Really Bright). They look like they can take some more than what I am currently hitting them with.

HIGH FLOW and Velocity - your stock BC29 pumps are not going to cut it. These guys need a lot of flow, the kind you see in the stores that cause currents for fish to swim against.

These are not beginner zoas. They are hard to feed, and they require regular water changes to keep iodide levels up. (Or dosing if you know what you are doing) We got that tip from a fellow hobbyist, and it seems to really improve the health of the zoas. (Well everything I know actually has come from fellow hobbyists but you get the point).

Ask questions about their care if you have them before ordering please. Much of their care is equipment based, (see above), and changes like that are hard to make on the fly. I will post better pics of them soon if anyone is interested. I took that shot when the lights first came on, that is what they look like with the moonlight + some window in the tank at my house, but I have shots from the warehouse tank....let me see here...