Zoanthids, what works for you?

UnderWaterParadise

my name is Rob and I'm a Zooaholic
Scott, how is the collection coming along? I was a zoo lord about 6-8 months ago until my dumb **** decided to prune my calupera and didn't turn the pump off on the fuge. I lost several prized zoo frags. They were growing like weeds in my 20g long skimmerless system. A refugium is a wonderfull thing but can be deadly as well.

Rob

ScottT1980

THe collection was going great last spring. Everything was growing quite well and I was anticipating some serious fragging this summer. Then the proverbial $%@#$% hit the fan. I think I have some sort of zoanthid disease in my tank, either bacterial or viral. I can't explain their declines, and the greater susceptibility of some colonies vs. others. I have searched and searched for snails and nudis but just haven't come up with anything. Then, my heater probe found its way out of the water, spiking the tank temp. to about 95 F, and causing some more damage.

However, some of my prized zoanthids are growing quite well. I got a blue colony from logical that is growing like a weed. Others, well, I currently only have been able to salvage 3-4 polyps from an entire colony and am currently trying to revive them in my prop tank. So, I have had my setbacks but I am just hoping that whatever is messing with my zoanthids will eventually run its course. FWIW, everything else in my tank is growing quite well (SPS, LPS, softies, the whole shebang)...

Take er easy
Scott T.

UnderWaterParadise

my name is Rob and I'm a Zooaholic
Well Scott from my expierence that's the way Zoanthids are. One minute thriving like mad the next minute dying right before your eyes. Keep in touch and once my new system are up and running I will have plenty for trade and sale