Yep another lighting question

Reddog170

Well I am working on laying out the new lighting for my 100 gallon tank. To start I was worried about heat efecting the acrylic so I wanted to avoid MH at least for now so this is what I came up with. I have not bought everything for this yet (and if UPS does not get here with what I bout I will have to rebuy what I already bought). But basicly 10 54 watt T5 bulbs with individual reflectors, 4 18000 bulbs, 2 10000 bulbs 2 6700 bulbs and 2 true blue atinic. Now my tank is 24 inches tall but the water is only 22 inches deep. The lights will be aprox 4 inches above the water. Will this be enough for a future nem? They will have seperate timers and such. Just looking to get opinions before I buy and build, Shaun

Luukosian

10 T-5's is a lot of light, and if its only that deep you should be able to keep anything you want in my opinion.

BLAKEJOHN

IMO nems and any other coral for the most part are under several feet of water. As the light penetrates the water it loses most of the spectrum except the blue. So the blue color is more appealing to our eyes because that it the way it looks in nature. The bulbs you have seem to be ok. I would use ATI bulbs as they seem to produce more PAR than most. I would also replace the 6700's with one ATI Blue Plus and one ATI Procolor

lcstorc

I'm not good with the spectrum stuff but the power of the lights sounds like you should be fine for pretty much anything.