Yellow Watchman Red Mouth?

DxSOR25

I purchase a yellow watchman goby for one of my tanks yesterday. Hes about 3-4 inches, biggest one ive ever seen and Ive see a bunch. When you look at his face, i cant tell if his mouth has a reddish tiny on the outside or if im just seeing the red from the inside?

Does anyone know? and is this normal?

He seems to be acting like a first day fish, hiding but coming out to eat. I hope hes ok because im going to get a pistol shrimp for him!

Any info helps! Ill try to get a picture in a lil bit!

-Derek

could he have ran into a rock or the wall before you got him or after you got him? My blue spotted watchman had somehing kinda like that on his lip when I first got him too...the only thing I can say is keep him well fed and keep an eye on it. But as far as what it could be, I am clueless...sorry

DxSOR25

when i bought him he had the red mouth. i figured that it was just his mouth or body coloring because hes big. But him running into something is probably the reason. Do you think i should put him in a little breeder to make sure hes eating, because he only comess out when i put my hand in there. For some really weird reason he likes my hand! lol

I wouldn't move him again, that might stress him out. I hand feed mine, they have no fear of hands. I would try to hand feed him a little piece of shrimp or something.

DxSOR25

he basically hides under the rocks but when i throw in the sinking pellets he comes and and eats perfectly fine. He just looks like his face is a mess. like his lips are beat up as if he was hooked. Does this get better or will he be like this forever? Should i get him a tiger pistol to pair with?

lcstorc

I would give him some time to heal before adding the pistol. It definitely looks like an injury to me so time and proper nutrition are the best things you can do right now. Try some frozen food like mysis as well. they need some variety.

DxSOR25

yes i guess when i bought him he had a few run ins with the wall or something or another fish lol.

I do feed quite a variety of foods. Its hard to see in the video but thats a mix of cyclopeeze and frozen mysis