Yellow Watchman problem

evallarta1

I bought a small yellow watchman yesterday and he was doing good. I checked this morning and he was no where to be found. I came home later today and went to feed the fish and was looking for him with no luck. Well I just happen to look in my overflow (its a reef ready tank) and there he was, just chillin at the bottom. So I grab the net and I pull him out and put him back in the tank. I check on him about a hour and a half later and there he is again in the overflow. Is he just being dumb? I also notice that when I threw some marine flake food in, some of the flakes got stuck in the slots going into the overflow. Could he have been going after that and got pulled in? What can I do to keep him out? Thanks

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
You can put some plastic gutter guard in front of the overflow slots to keep him from going in there. When they are first introduced to the tank they tend to wander. Mine would swim up and down the glass for the first few days. Eventually they will settle down and dig a burrow under a rock. They are bottom dwelling fish. You may want to consider getting a pistol shrimp with which your watchman goby can host and settle himself down.

evallarta1

Yeah I bought a couple other fish and I didnt want to shock the tank. The whole reason why I got the yellow watchman was because he would share his burrow with a pistol shrimp. So are you talking gutter guard like you get at H.D.?? And then how could I attach it to the acyrlic with water in the tank?

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
Use plastic ties. They can be found in the electrical department at HD.

Attachments

• ph_cableties.jpg
    ph_cableties.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 51

emj35

I just bought gutter guard at home depot this past week to put a barrier up. If you're not familiar with it, it looks like this:

P1010668.jpg

That is just one end of it, and it came in brown and white where I went. I chose brown as it blended in better that way. I just cut it into strips the right size and it pops right on.

Hope that helps!