yankieman's 210 gal conversion

yankieman

I've been browsing this thread all morning, great job! I love reading builds like this.
I agree we need more pics.lol
Keep up the awesomeness!

Thanks I will try and get some pics posted , as you can see I have had my ups and downs during the build but I think its always a learning curve and we never stop learning about this hobby ,,, I appreciate your comment,,,,

Doogle

Yes you sure have had some moments that would have scared me to death and made me panic, lol.
Yes I will do a lot of things different next time, and like you I hope to plan ahead next time. I'm kinda at the point in my life that I'm not sure if I'm going to be moving again so I don't really want to do a bunch of stuff now but wait until I figure out where I'm going.
Thanks for all the details, I'm sure many of us have been inspired by your build!

yankieman

Yes you sure have had some moments that would have scared me to death and made me panic, lol.
Yes I will do a lot of things different next time, and like you I hope to plan ahead next time. I'm kinda at the point in my life that I'm not sure if I'm going to be moving again so I don't really want to do a bunch of stuff now but wait until I figure out where I'm going.
Thanks for all the details, I'm sure many of us have been inspired by your build!

Sorry for the delay in commenting I forget i have tank build still going LOL ,,, I hope anyone that has read my tank build has seen some things NOT to do and maybe some things I did that will help in their efforts ,,my build continues i have now added a Koralia Magnum 8 pump and adding one more next week, that should prove to be plenty of flow in my tank ,,

yankieman

ok here is some tank pics
IMG_3344.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_3345.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_3346.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_3347.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Birds nest
IMG_3353.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Tri color acro
IMG_3350.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_3355.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Monti
IMG_3356.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
red monti
IMG_3358.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_3359.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

yankieman

And some more
Pearlberry from JJ
IMG_3357.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
unkown acro
IMG_3364.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_3365.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
GSP
IMG_3367.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Hammer coral from JJ
[URL=http://s1246.photobucket.com/user/yankieman/media/AI%20SOL%20lights%20and%20cal
cium%20reactor/tank%20pics/IMG_3368.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1246.photobucket.com/albums/gg612/yankieman/AI%20SOL%20lights%20and%20calcium%20reactor/tank%20pics/IMG_3368.jpg[/URL][/IMG]
my sail fin tang
IMG_3369.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_3374.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Duncan
IMG_3375.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
100_2844.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_3352.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
my coral beauty
IMG_3343.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_3334.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
sixline wrasse
IMG_3327.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Nice! How do the SPS do with the AI Sols? Good growth?

Also, how do you like the oceans motion? I've been looking at a tank upgrade and would love to do a closed loop.

yankieman

Nice! How do the SPS do with the AI Sols? Good growth?

Also, how do you like the oceans motion? I've been looking at a tank upgrade and would love to do a closed loop.

The Sps are doing great under the AIs its been10 months now and steady growth,,, I like the ocean motion it does a good job ,, quite a bit of plumbing involved but I guess that would be the case on any type of closed loop....