WTB Used 20" Sunpod 1x250w.

squidy

Hi everyone. I am looking for a 20" Sunpod 1x250 watt 14,000k. I cant afford a new one so I thought I would start a thread to see if anyone has one to sell. Thanks.

XBwlr

Do you do much DIY stuff?

There are other ways to light a corner tank. ;)

I'm like you... can't afford the fancy stuff... so, I made my own. Built my canopy from scrap I had in the barn, then retro fitted an old landscape light into it. 250 watt MH. Found a person local (somewhat) that was changing bulbs and picked up a pair of bulbs, 4 months old, for $40.

Hope this helps... Just trying to save you some money.

XBwlr

It's the same ballast and cap as the ones they sell for bunches of money with the names on them. Just have to make your own stuff for it... box to hide the ballast and cap. If you can get a whole landscape light, you can use the reflector on your tank.

I'll look around out there in my "Barn of Wonders" and see what I have. I don't know if I have another 250 ballast... I might have a 175 though. If I do, pay for the shipping and you can have it.

How tall is the 44 corner? You might be able to get by with a 175.

XBwlr

Here's a somewhat recent shot of the tank.
This is the canopy that I "scrapped" together.

tanksshot110908.jpg

squidy

That would be such a lifesaver! My tank is no more than 24" deep. I need to measure it, but I know its not deeper than 24".

XBwlr

I was out there last night.
I think my brother has the 175w's... he's supposed to be over this weekend, so I'll call him today and see if he can bring one over. With the tank he's going to set up, he only needs one anyhow.

It's just the ballast and the cap... you'll have to go to Lowes or somewhere and get the Mogul socket and some wiring. I'll tag the wires before I ship it so you know what goes where.