Would this light work?

Nightfall

Have chance to obtain Beamswork power led 400 but no clue if would be good for a 10 gallon salt water with plans for live rock, live sand, and corals....any ideas/feedback? Urgent replies would be very helpful.

reefer gladness

In short - no.

That looks to be a knockoff of the Marineland LED units which we already know utilize low-power LED's. Okay for corals with very low light requirements. In general, when shopping for LED units you want 3-watt and/or 5-watt LED's to be used and it must be dimmable.

Also noticed the color temp on the Beamswork units seems to be for freshwater or planted tanks. You may not care for the appearance of such a warm color temp over your corals.

DaveK

Here is the think about stuff bought on eBay. It tends to be products that sre being dumped for one reason or another. In the case of the what your looking at, there are no specs published and no brand given. You will have no idea if it's any good until you buy it and try it out. Also, with most conventional MH or T5 fixtures, you can repair them easily with off the shelf parts. This isn't usually true with LED lighting.

While the fixture your looking at may be a good bargain, you have no way of knowing for sure, and your spending quite a lot to get it. If anything goes wrong you are really stuck. For LED lighting, I'd go with one of the major manufacturers. Yes, you will spend a lot more up front, but it's a much safer choice.

reefer gladness

For a budget friendly alternative very similar to what you are looking at on eBay, check out the units at Reef Radiance. Here you have pretty much the same components etc. being used but it's backed by a 2 year warranty from a company in the US. The option to extend to 3 years isn't bad either.

http://reefradiance.com/dm-155e.html

plasma327

As DaveK suggested, spare yourself that headache and the expense and buy a quality unit. Yes they are costly upfront but in the end buying quality first will save you from buying twice. A light for our tanks is the only thing you should not skimp on. It is the most important purchase you will make.

Nightfall

For a budget friendly alternative very similar to what you are looking at on eBay, check out the units at Reef Radiance. Here you have pretty much the same components etc. being used but it's backed by a 2 year warranty from a company in the US. The option to extend to 3 years isn't bad either.

http://reefradiance.com/dm-155e.html

Actually I did see that one and its what I used for search on ebay and found the one I posted lol. Quite a coincidence. But the problem is "Price includes $9.95 shipping to anywhere in the lower 48 states. We do not ship outside the continental United States. ". I am outside the United States (had a post up about how the good stuff isn't available for us) and so I have to resort to chinese knockoffs. Don't want to start the same discussion here as elsewhere but that is my dilemma.