wobble

garret

my new tank has a little bit of a wobble to it i think it's our floor more than the stand, i don't mean that it is constantly rocking back and forth, it has a way it likes to sit, but if you pull forward on the tank it rocks, i thought i would just put some shim under the corner that it rocked on, but my neighbor said it may be better to put a layer of carpet or carpet pads under the whole stand, he said it would help to relive pressure points better than shim
what do you think would be best

cracker

Garret get a shim in there right away! Consider when you pull forward A leg in the back is off the ground. You need to see if the tank sits the most level pulled forward or back & shim that leg.

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
The tank should be level with no rocking to eliminate undue pressure on the glass walls. Is your stand on four legs or is it a wooden box with a perimeter of contact with the floor? If it is on four legs level the tank by shimming the legs. If it's has a perimeter of contact or your stand is a wooden box attached to a wooden base, carpeting and/or a pad will help eliminate the rock, but shimming may be necesary to level the tank.

garret

its a box style stand

picture this it like if you took a four leg table and shorten one of the legs the table will still sit level on the three but if you pull it it will rock on to the short leg

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
If the tank is level with one leg of the stand off the floor, then shim the shorter leg. If the tank is not level with one leg off the floor, then more than one leg will need to be shimmed. You want the weight of the tank distributed over the four legs which requires that the tank be level. BTW, the tank must be level from front-back and side-side. Use a level on top of the tank and view the water level with respect to the top edges of the tank.

garret

well after working on it today it's pretty good i put carpet under it and shimed it the wobble it pretty much gone, i no i no that the tank should be completely level, after working on it it is almost level, now any tank i have ever set up has not been completely level and it's been fine