Will water pressure increase after RO breaks in?

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Hey guys - I just got my new RO system in and hooked it up. Big shout out to BRS for putting it together for me - just a few snips and a connection and I was pushing water.

I consider my house having good water pressure but my guage is reading 40-43 PSI......they recommend over 50 for "optimal" and then the booster for under 35. My question is, will the pressure go up as it breaks in? I would hate to have to buy the booster after I just dumped $220 on this.

Thanks

tnwillia

Did you get a membrane flush kit with your unit? I use this on my waste water line. By closeing it to some degree I can raise the pressure my unit sees. Example, My house is about 50 PSI. My unit runs best from 65 to 85. By closing the flush valve I can push my pressure up to 85 or 90 psi. I run it and get my best production about 60 to 65psi. Have fun.

Purely H2O | Membrane Flush kit

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Hey Tom,
Yes it has the flush valve on top for the membrane and then after the carbon (stage 2) filtration.

But the is no excuse for stupidity!!! I didn't look at the gauge straight on......it is a 60 PSI.......there was numbers on the inside but it was a BAR reading (100xkpa) and thats what i was reading at 4!!!!!

Idiot hahahahah

tnwillia

We've all done it, you got it sorted that's all that counts. On mine I never really saw an increase in flow as it broke in but even running as slow as it was I could fill a 20gal Brute in 4 or 5 hours. Only time I saw it get faster was when I changed my membrane from 75GPD to 150GPD, but, that was what it should have done. Have fun!

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
I'm coming to your house for water now bry. Mine is shot.

Woohoo Matt has tapatalk back

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Well I found out why my spectra pure $hit the bed......the way it is set up the source water hits the membrane first........thus destroying it and crappy water coming out. maybe i wired it wrong - need to go back and check. regardless, the new one is a chloramine one and has an extra stage and I'm very happy.

Told the wife it was only $20!!

Did you get a membrane flush kit with your unit? I use this on my waste water line. By closeing it to some degree I can raise the pressure my unit sees. Example, My house is about 50 PSI. My unit runs best from 65 to 85. By closing the flush valve I can push my pressure up to 85 or 90 psi. I run it and get my best production about 60 to 65psi. Have fun.

Purely H2O | Membrane Flush kit

Hmm. Something isn't right here. For normal operation your flush valve should be entirely closed. The higher the pressure the faster your membrane will produce water. At the lower end of the pressure scale, you'll also see much better rejection as you increase pressure.

If your gauge reads 85 to 90 psi with the flush valve closed - that IS your home's pressure. Nothing in your RODI system adds pressure (unless you add a booster pump).

Russ