Will these magnetic ballasts affect my controller?

OceanGirl

Hi guys,

Well, I'm starting to set up my equipment, and just today I put up this shelf for my metal halide ballasts, which was recommended to me by my electrician to keep air flowing around them so they'll stay cool. This shelf will be right behind the tank--it's pulled out from the wall right now but will be pushed back once I'm done setting up everything. Anyway, my question is this--will these ballasts--which are 250 watters and are magnetic--affect the controller sitting next to them? I'm not sure if they give off some kind of magnetic field that might affect a controller--which is something like a computer. I looked through the manual and it didn't say anything about placing a controller near metal halide ballasts. I figured I'd ask you guys since I'm new--let me know if any of this makes sense--LOL! Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated as always!

Last edited:

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
there was a thread a while back, it depends on how well shielded the leads are and how much the ballasts leak, if its a new unit Im thinking the issue has been resolved