White TINY worms INVASION!!!

JamesFitch

I have white just above microscopic bugs on the glass of my aquarium. They also appear on my sea ponie and he is using his tail to scratch (KNOCK THEM OFF). I don't know what to do please help!!!

saltwaterfarm

They sound like pods (copepods, etc.) Kinda look like fleas? Some of them look a little wormy? They are usually good, really good. I don't know of them bothering ponies though... maybe Lynn will know.

JamesFitch

I think they are just crawling on him he was up by the glass when i noticed them and he slaped them off with his tail and i rubbed 2 off his tail maybe there just anoying him they remind me of small magots though

lcstorc

Sorry missed this one.
My first thought is copeopods as well, but the pony should have identified them as food and eaten them rather than be annoyed.
Do you have any way to get a pic of the "bugs". If you can't try looking up copepods and see if they look similar. Are there more today?

JamesFitch

ok my wife went to another lfs they have georgeous coral there but onto topic they are unkown bugs prob copeopods. this is the theory though i took out all the live rock to catch the chromis and mixed alot of sand i may have disurupted their home and they scattered to the glass there are less today maybe more than half gone i noticed the ponies where munching on them off the glass. Just glad there not a paracite of sort. But what a panic i was in>