when dosing Alk and Calc...

framerguy

I recently began using a two part Alk/Calc supplement as proposed by R.H. Farley. His directions don't really say (as far as I could understand) how to dose the solutions, just do it slowly. I read where it's best not to mix these chems but dose them seperately and here's my question: Should I wait a certain amount of time between dosing each solution, dose one immediately after the first, or dose them at the same time using two different drip lines? so far I have been dosing Calc, then waiting a while and dosing the Alk. If I can dose them at the same time that would be nice!

panmanmatt

I measure mine out into small medicine cups (about 12-15ml of each daily) and pour them separately into the return section of my sump. I dose one then about 5 minutes later add the other.

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
I imagine the chemical interaction is the same with the diy and store bought, my two part says a minimum of 1/2 hour, if you have an inbalance and need to jump levels up as opposed to maintenance the issue is probably more involved

gettanked

Take a little of each 2 Part solution and equal amounts in a small clear container and see what happens.

The mix will end up cloudy, that is why 2 supplments are kept apart, due the same when dosing

gettanked / Garry