what is the size range of juve clown?????

jubbers

i have 2 ocellaris one is an inch the other is 1 1/4 of an inch. are they still juveniles? they are a little over a year old. will they eventually become a pair and mate?:wit:

BoomerD

You ask the same questions in a multitude of different ways...are you hoping for different answers?

Yes, they are most likely still juveniles...yes, they MAY become a mated pair.

Cassette87

Just be patient, keep your parameters in check and like Boomer said, nature will do it's thing :) in fact, that's what makes reef-keeping so interesting!

lcstorc

You can't predict if they will pair off or not. Just like people and other animals sometimes they just don't get along or sometimes they want to be just friends. The only way to know is to wait and see what happens. If you are not seeing much agression then it sounds like they are at least becoming friends. It could turn into more but might not. You just never know.
I have 2 clowns I am trying to pari up now. Mine are in a stage similar to yours. There is not much agression but they are not yet paired up. Since I am not seeing either one get beat up, I am just waiting and hoping.
If you want to be sure that you have a pair then you can return the ones you have and buy an already mated pair. You will occasionally see them for sale as pairs on some web sites. It just depends on if they have any already paired fish or not.

jubbers

so.......... i think the average size is 3 inches so i think they are juveniles.sorry for asking so many questions. now that i have waited i know what the clowns our going to do. the slightly larger one will turn in to the female as she matures and then it will commence. that is saying i continue with the water quality and feeding.